Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I HATE waiting!

Old 06-30-2011, 01:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I HATE waiting!

I contacted this guy online last week (8 days ago. Yes I've been counting) about a bike I want (as my second bike), but his wife was about to pop so he didn't want to meet up just now. He said he would contact me as soon as he had a doctors visit and knew more/calmed down a bit on his end.
It has now been 8 days and I HATE waiting.

I can be very patient with some stuff but I hate waiting for something I want and can buy NOW! My email is checked every ten minutes or so and I'm getting quite fidgety. Especially since I want to be able to use the bike this weekend. DAMN IT, CALL ME! (The bike is also up for a good price and if it checks out I'm riding it home the same day.)

I also detest waiting for online orders, drives me nuts.

Yes, I'm quite compulsive.

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhh!

Old 06-30-2011, 02:19 AM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just let it go... lol things will happen when they supposed to on its own way.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:43 AM

Give him a bell, he probly forgot. But yeah i know the feeling, i love getting new toys

Old 06-30-2011, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
Just let it go... lol things will happen when they supposed to on its own way.
I'm not into the whole faith thing. I 'believe' you have to make it work yourself. If I sit around passively it will be gone for sure.

The thing is my summer European tour sort of depends on it. Not the question of going or not but since I have to buy $2500 worth of extra stuff (hard luggage, tent, some extra gear and a bunch of other stuff) the low mileage, tipped over fairing damaged, higher bars and screen installed + good priced bike determines how comfortable I'm going to do the 5000km (with passenger).

I'm sure I will get it but I hate waiting.

*Checks his e-mail again*

Old 06-30-2011, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by RedBaron
Give him a bell, he probly forgot. But yeah i know the feeling, i love getting new toys
This guy is smart, he didn't leave a number.

I'm sure he didn't forget but like I said, his wife is about to have a baby so selling the bike isn't on the top of the list. It's just really annoying! It's like you ordered something and the bloody UPS truck keeps coming by when you are at work leaving these annoying "I'll be here again tomorrow" notes. (Also the reason why I send everything to my work address now. )

Old 06-30-2011, 10:46 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait faster ...

Old 06-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by chainstretcher
Wait faster ...
hahaha

the more impatient you get, the more prone you'll be to making a bad deal... or over-looking something because you just have to have it - i know, i've been there too many times before...

besides, deals come and go. if this one slips away, i'm sure you'll find just as good of a deal or an even better one later down the line.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:10 PM
October 2011 ROTM

I know what you mean. I just ordered a FE for my RR from a 600RR.net member and I already want it here so I can put it on my bike. Hope it all works out for you.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:18 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

After ordering so many parts from over seas, ive gotten used to waiting lol....

Old 06-30-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
hahaha

the more impatient you get, the more prone you'll be to making a bad deal... or over-looking something because you just have to have it - i know, i've been there too many times before...

besides, deals come and go. if this one slips away, i'm sure you'll find just as good of a deal or an even better one later down the line.
Sometimes they do, quite often they do not. For this price and the condition it seems to be in it's a steal. I'm quite prepared, did my homework and have the experience because I went to a similar ordeal when I bought my trusty F4.

PS: I wasn't planning on buying the bike (although I for sure wanted it a bi down the line) but as my tour plans shifted from solo to 2-up. It just all made sense.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I HATE waiting!