Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I hate my school.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by (951) Baby Shortee
WTF^ Just cuz someone isnt social and doesnt immediately spark a conversation with a total stranger makes him a complete dick?? He nodded to you right, that means he acknoledged you and then carried on with his day.
You meet the nicest people on a Honda. Unless you don't have a conversation with them. They condemn you to the ninth circle of hell for that one.

I also personally think the "Wave" needs to die. Or at least start with the interstates.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by furryferret88
right...
in an attempt to stay on topic Im not going to continue this

And it happened to me again today, someone wearing nothing but shorts flops and a helmet saw me with my helmet jacket ect and i said hey to him... he just nodded and looked away (he was on a gsxr)
I think he IS lazy/stupid for not wearing gear.
but come on, what's with the "(he was on a gsxr)" comment? I know some respected, responsible 40~ year old people, most with kids, who ride gsxrs. That "gsxr=squid" thing is so overplayed.

If that's what you even meant.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ren19
I think he IS lazy/stupid for not wearing gear.
but come on, what's with the "(he was on a gsxr)" comment? I know some respected, responsible 40~ year old people, most with kids, who ride gsxrs. That "gsxr=squid" thing is so overplayed.

If that's what you even meant.
MEOW! HISS!!!

hahaha, sorry, but I've only seen guys on gixxers wear flip flops. That's not to say that someone on a honda or yamaha or ducati hasn't done it as I'm sure there have been plenty of instances of that (see pic)...just found it funny when he said that.

Just saw a dude in a beater and flips two days ago.

Always saw it around college years ago and I guess flip flops, cutoff sweatpants, and a beater is just how the college kid rides now a days... Yet, it's the dude with full gear that smacks into a car after running a red light. Take it with a grain of salt I guess.

p.s., and now you can't say anything, because sandals are now made for bikers:

Old 09-19-2010, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by hoppa2k6

p.s., and now you can't say anything, because sandals are now made for bikers:

Lol! That's crazy Who would buy those?

Old 09-19-2010, 06:04 PM

haha that's ridiculous!

I think there is something to be said for how far you are going and whether or not you are getting on the freeway.

flip flops on a bike are just stupid, though and those sandals look like high tech hippie gear.

but if I'm just going down the street to the grocery store (I ride my bike everywhere, hate getting into a car) I'll just wear a windbreaker. but always gloves and always helmeted. and I wouldn't get on the freeway w/out real gear.

I love my school, but almost no one rides there. there is one other guy who rides and races, has a beaut new R1 with Yosh exhaust. the stock gloss black, flat black and red paint job.

we have bike parking, but in cali you can park between cars at the meter and not pay so everyone does that. why park across the street when you can be right in front of the entrance and watch your bike from class.

cali rules for bike laws. lanesplitting and weather are the main reasons I moved here. I'm from seattle, rode all year there and do here too. but it's comfier here.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greasy
cali rules for bike laws. lanesplitting and weather are the main reasons I moved here. I'm from seattle, rode all year there and do here too. but it's comfier here.
you ******* are crazy out there!!! rode out there once and I'll probably never do it again. Too many pissed off SUV and truck drivers...all mad that you are making good time and they aren't...

prime examples:

50 seconds in, black SUV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cQvcZlo2yo

minivan over double yellow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GH8D2EqDZs&feature=fvw

ok, maybe that's going over the line...that crap happens everywhere... However, that's why I don't wear a windbreaker on city streets anymore. I've seen more accidents on city streets that on the freeway and the ones I've seen on the freeway, the riders just slid down the freeway and all the cars stopped. City street accidents are nasty. Last one I saw the dude was clobbered by a car then flew drunk superman style into two parked cars. Not sure if he made it... lately I've been sticking to the back roads and track because of that...but I suppose you ain't safe no matter where you are, so live on, ride on, right?

@ren - someone who dooesn't like clipping their toenails.. so they let the road do it for them?!?!?

Last edited by hoppa2k6; 09-20-2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:48 PM

F that. NJ drivers and lane splitting? Ill skip that and go straight to hell.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:18 AM

haha. straight to hell. good clash song.

it's not as crazy as you think. I used to be a nut, I'm pretty fearless which can be bad, but I've mellowed out. but anyways when the taffic is bad people are just sitting there not even moving at all or just barely. and there's usually just enough room to cruise through. I used to always ride air-cooled bikes so I couldn't just sit there if I wanted to. I'd overheat.

what sucks is other lanesplitters on big cruisers who can't fit so they end up just blocking the 'motorcycle lane'. but it's not any more dangerous than weaving though traffic, probably less.

and people in big SUV's will be jerks sometimes and start to get a lil closer to the edge of the lane as you approach. cuz they're pissed about being stuck there. the messed up thing is they just sit there for hours every day, not even moving, just pumping smog into the air and have the nerve to begrudge me being able to get home on a dollars worth of gas.

and good brakes are a must. people will change lanes in front of you sometimes. and every once in a while someone is a total douche or risks your life and then flips you off instead of waving apologetically. that's when you can use your secret lanesplitters weapon. a nice hard downward strike with your fist to the side mirror and it usually pops off and hangs there. a mark of shame.

not that I would do something like that...

Old 09-21-2010, 01:32 PM

the buddy i ride with all the time never wears gear, but i do no matter how hot it is outside. every now and again i give him a piece of my mind about it but, nothing ever changes. The other day he rolled up wearing a sweatshirt complaining about how it was cold as i sat there in my jacket with nice cozy liner... the worst part is he has riding boots, and a jacket but has only used them like twice. you cant change 'em, just let them be and protect yourself

Old 10-01-2010, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by justasquid

They very well could feel the same as you do. I talk to everyone, and believe it or not, they talk back to you. Harley riders, gearless riders, even scooter riders on occasion. Since your attitude towards them is all over in this rant, I imagine your body language when you see them in person is the same. Then, when you see someone who has the same feelings towards gear as you, you probably perk right up and the conversation flows.
In general I agree. Sometimes I'll come across someone that doesn't seem to pleasant and I'll steer clear of them. However, further down the road I'll get to know them and realize what a great person they are.