Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I Hate My Local Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Hate My Local Dealer

Ok I ordered a set of Lockhart Phillips short stalk V signals and spacers from my local dealer about 3 1/2 weeks ago. They called me back after the first week and said that they came in so I went down to pick them up and he ordered the wrong ones, he placed the order for the short stalk IV or something. Then he was arguing with me telling me that is what I ordered so I made him get the book and pointed out the ones that I wanted, he clearly made the mistake but still said it was my fault. After I showed him how to look up the part numbers he ordered the right ones, but that was 2 1/2 weeks ago. I called him tonight to see if they shipped so if they didn't I could just order them online so I could get them sooner and he put me on hold and then got back on the phone and said that they haven't shown up yet?? WTF did he even hear what I said, I didn't ask if they showed up but if they had been shipped??? Thats it, I'm never going back there, I'll drive 3 hours to get my bike serviced by people that actually take care of their customers.

I ordered the LED short stalk V and the spacers from morepoweracing.com, they were more expensive than the dealer but I'll get them by the end of the week. I'm just pretty pissed and had to rant a little.

I think the led signals are a little cooler than the regular ones, but I'll see when I get them. I also want to get the lp signals that mount on your liscense plate to make me a little more visable. Heres some pics of the plate mounted lights and the arrows.

-Jesse

Old 02-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: I Hate My Local Dealer

Dude... I feel your pain. I ordered my RS5 back during Christmas and I'm not being told maybe mid march..... !#$%!#@%!$^!$#^!$#^!$#%!#@$@#$^&@$^%!

Old 02-22-2006, 01:00 AM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

Dude... I feel your pain. I ordered my RS5 back during Christmas and I'm not being told maybe mid march..... !#$%!#@%!$^!$#^!$#^!$#%!#@$@#$^&@$^%!
I feel for you, I see alot of post from you guys that are waiting for the carbon pipe. I hope everything works out, sounds like they have the problem taken care of but I guess you'll find out soon. I just hope I get the signals here pretty soon so I'll be done taking it apart and putting it back together LOL.

-Jesse-

Old 02-22-2006, 10:27 AM

I hate my dealer as well. I ordered a bottle of touch up paint a month ago. I went up there last weekend to see if that had some of those stupid plastic screws that go on the bottom of the belly pan and they didn't have those and they said they didn't know when my paint was going to be in. They were like, "we ordered it and there is a note on your account but we don't know who put it on your account and what it means so we will have to call you next week". I said, "It has been a month for touch up paint for a 2005 not a 1986, give me a break!" I made them cut me a check and told them I would take my $5.47 purchase elsewhere. I gave them an evil look and slowly walked out. I showed them.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:13 AM

My local dealer sucks also. When I first got my '05 600RR they sold me some carbon overlays that they said would fit. They were for the '03-'04 bikes and didn't. Then when I told them I had tried them on my bike they said I couldn't return them!!!!

Old 02-22-2006, 03:39 PM

Well at least I'm not the only one that has a bad dealer. It sucks though they sell you something and never back it up with any service[:@] Service should be the first thing IMO. I have to drive 3 hours to get someone that will go out of his way to get something ordered or get the job done right, thats why I'm trying to learn how to do everything so I don't have to rely on a dealer to fix my bike when something happens.

-Jesse-

Old 02-22-2006, 03:53 PM

3 hours. Wow... That sucks. I have two in less than an hour drive.

Old 02-22-2006, 04:30 PM

ORIGINAL: no1biscuit

3 hours. Wow... That sucks. I have two in less than an hour drive.
Well I have alot more than 2 that are within an hour away, but everyone that I have delt with were just a$$holes. The guy that my buddy bought his bike from is really cool, when, and if, I buy a new bike it will deffinately be from him. I think their deal goes if you finance a bike through his company you will get a check for $2000 after 2 or 3 years. So you pay the msrp and then get a check for 2 grand in a few years, and hes really cool and will do just about everything to make sure you leave happy(<---Leave that one along I know what some people are thinking LOL). I ended up spending a little more ordering online, but at least I know they will be here before it warms up.

-Jesse-