Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I was at a dealership and....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I was at a dealership and....

I have got to ride all three major 600's this year. My buddy has an 06 gsxr 600, the other a 636 and my f4i. I personally like my f4i the best but if that gsxr woulda been out I probably would have got it. I love the look. It rides great, no iffy feeling leaning or nailing, plus it has flushmounts, hugger, adjustable rearsets, projector lens to make hid's look better, slipper clutch, kick *** exhaust sound and look, gear indicator, and steering stabilizer, for the same damn price as my f4i. Dont mistake me I wouldnt trade my f4i for anything except another one but the dealer is right if you want bang for the buck that gsxr is pretty damn slick. Dont take this for more than my 2 cents. I had never rode and bought a 05 600 f4i. I mean never I rode quads back in the day but thats it. My buddy with the gsxr never rode either. But he is a freak like lance armstrong and has that natural talent in him. pretty impressive to watch him ride really. It's all in your wrist. the new 600s are getting ridiculous they are getting into 1000 type speeds. They will all do 150 but how fast do you wanna get there.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore
Other than motorcycles, Honda makes: the most reliable cars on earth, incredibly reliable yard equipment, marine equipment, Acura automobiles, ATVs, engines, generators, outboard motors, water pumps, scooters, oh and snowblowers.
Don't forget about the hondajet and the humanoid robot man. [sm=vader1.gif]

Old 10-07-2006, 01:07 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: kodiak1122

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore
Other than motorcycles, Honda makes: the most reliable cars on earth, incredibly reliable yard equipment, marine equipment, Acura automobiles, ATVs, engines, generators, outboard motors, water pumps, scooters, oh and snowblowers.
Don't forget about the hondajet and the humanoid robot man. [sm=vader1.gif]
I heard Honda even makes Wonder Woman's lasso of truth!

Old 10-07-2006, 08:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just remember that most dealers are there to make money. They want to sell their stock, they want to sell the bike they can make the most profit on. If you wreck it they get to sell you parts or a new bike.

There are very few dealers it seems that don't have as an alterior motive financial gains... those that don't, don't tend to stay in business that long.

That being said find the bike you like. Not the bike everone else rides, or the bike you want people to see you ride (i.e. the 1000rr as a first bike).

Buy it for yourself. If you pick the right bike, it will be worth what you paid for it. Otherwise, you could spend alot of money on a bike you don't enjoy (and as a result don't ride as much), but damn it looks good to someone else.

As for Honda vs Kawi vs Yama vs Suz... Each brand has something that they're known for.

Honda's are known for being reliable and very smooth. I'm really enjoying both of these features of my F4. The interesting thing is that it doesn't make a lot of fuss when you go faster. People read this as slow, but I think honda somehow manages to make it's power transparent... like the honda wings I guess. It is very smooth, and don't let that fool you.

Kawi is known for making a bit heavier platform that is stable. This isn't as true as it once was but I think back fondly to the zx9r and zx7r... both bikes I'd have in my dream garage in the first day. It's funny, I've always thought of the zx7r as 'that old pig', but there are very few bikes I'd like to ride as much as that one on a nice twisty mountain road...

Yamaha - nimble, but not as reliable as Honda. I think about a few bikes that I've ridden from them... I had alot of fun, but never thought to myself this is what I want to ride frequently. (Don't get me wrong, I have a huge soft spot for the XJ maxim/seca line - where the Genesis engine first arrived. The heart of an early sportbike in a all-day friendly standard.

Suzuki - not had much experience with them... seem to be a hibrid of kawi-yamaha. In the earlier days they'd fight it out with kawi for the most power and they'd try to be a bit more nimble... Not my cup of tea honestly in the sportbike line, but I'd be lieing if I didn't tell you I like their other bikes... and would certainly consider a 'busa for my touring.

In the end - each manufacture might be known for something, but on a bike by bike basis it hardly makes sense anymore. To compare the zx6rr to the zx7r is a bit foolish - they're not in the same league. The same could be said for the new gsxrs - I'm sure they're awesome bikes and deserve your attention.

Find a dealer that allows test rides... I have.

Old 10-08-2006, 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: woot

Just remember that most dealers are there to make money. They want to sell their stock, they want to sell the bike they can make the most profit on. If you wreck it they get to sell you parts or a new bike.

There are very few dealers it seems that don't have as an alterior motive financial gains... those that don't, don't tend to stay in business that long.

That being said find the bike you like. Not the bike everone else rides, or the bike you want people to see you ride (i.e. the 1000rr as a first bike).

Buy it for yourself. If you pick the right bike, it will be worth what you paid for it. Otherwise, you could spend alot of money on a bike you don't enjoy (and as a result don't ride as much), but damn it looks good to someone else.

As for Honda vs Kawi vs Yama vs Suz... Each brand has something that they're known for.

Honda's are known for being reliable and very smooth. I'm really enjoying both of these features of my F4. The interesting thing is that it doesn't make a lot of fuss when you go faster. People read this as slow, but I think honda somehow manages to make it's power transparent... like the honda wings I guess. It is very smooth, and don't let that fool you.

Kawi is known for making a bit heavier platform that is stable. This isn't as true as it once was but I think back fondly to the zx9r and zx7r... both bikes I'd have in my dream garage in the first day. It's funny, I've always thought of the zx7r as 'that old pig', but there are very few bikes I'd like to ride as much as that one on a nice twisty mountain road...

Yamaha - nimble, but not as reliable as Honda. I think about a few bikes that I've ridden from them... I had alot of fun, but never thought to myself this is what I want to ride frequently. (Don't get me wrong, I have a huge soft spot for the XJ maxim/seca line - where the Genesis engine first arrived. The heart of an early sportbike in a all-day friendly standard.

Suzuki - not had much experience with them... seem to be a hibrid of kawi-yamaha. In the earlier days they'd fight it out with kawi for the most power and they'd try to be a bit more nimble... Not my cup of tea honestly in the sportbike line, but I'd be lieing if I didn't tell you I like their other bikes... and would certainly consider a 'busa for my touring.

In the end - each manufacture might be known for something, but on a bike by bike basis it hardly makes sense anymore. To compare the zx6rr to the zx7r is a bit foolish - they're not in the same league. The same could be said for the new gsxrs - I'm sure they're awesome bikes and deserve your attention.

Find a dealer that allows test rides... I have.
thanks for the reply woot...yeah im looking at a bike that I like not what other ppl like. This is why im not jumping into anything so fast...yeah ive already heard the get the 1000 youll grow out of the 600...i just laugh..dont know what else to say...

Old 10-09-2006, 12:24 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

if you want to look like 90% of people riding get the gsxr white and blue =P hehe