Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Best deals at a dealership??

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best deals at a dealership??

Hey everyone,

So as some of you might know, I'm just waiting for the perfect bike with the perfect price to pop up for me; despite the fact that winter is coming and I'd really prefer NOT to ride in the snow? ;P Anywho, I was just thinking recently, because a year or so back there was a commercial on the radio for a buy one get one bike sale at 'Crazy Freddies' in NYC, they have horrible reviews, I wasn't intending on buying from there buy it got me thinking.. My cousin is also in the market to sell his 03' Ninja 250, and upgrade to a ZX-6 or ZX-10.. I was just curious as to if anyone knew if my cousin and I walked into a dealership with lets say 12k cash between us and said, ''We have cash and we both want new bikes, what can you do for us?" if the dealership would probably give us the best possible deals considering we'd be taking two that day with cash. Or it wouldn't matter and I could get the best deal myself with cash. What do you guys think?

PS: We're trying to find 08' left behinds. Me of course wanting the CBR 600. Thanks for the info guys!

Old 10-31-2009, 03:34 PM

They've got the 08 1000RR's on sale for cheap right now. Almost every dealer has them for a remarkable price. You're not going to find a 600 for a cheap price, because they're in more demand than the 1k. He'll be lucky to get $1,000 out of his 03 Ninja 250, I can get a used 08 for $2,500 that's already jetted and got a Yoshi pipe on it.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:05 AM

Yeah, 250's are ridiculously cheap anywho.his friends parents are best friends with a dealership owner so he can get some bikes for cost.. Ie: 10' ninja 250 for ~2,500 or w.e it is. Anyway, I just thought that if we both had 6k cash, we might be able to haggle 2 08's for 12,000 cash. Buying 2 on same day ya know? Meh, what do u guys think a really GOOD deal on an 08 600 would be?

Old 11-01-2009, 12:02 PM

as well as the rest of the modern world, the dealers are hurtin too, if your really prepared to buy with cash in hand , you will hold all the cards, and no matter what , be prepared to play the bluff game... if you know what your lookin for put a good price in your head and tellem straight off -here is what ill give ya for those two bikes and when he sayes he cant, turn and walk out, ill bet lunch youll get followed to the car with the hold on hold on - let me go talk to the boss again thing. You are in a buyers market rite now, its a great time for a great deal. my dad has taught me well with his mad skillz in beating them at their game. GL and peace

Old 11-01-2009, 01:07 PM

See that's what I was figuring, lol. Being very straightforward. Only thing is my cousin lives in Florida so one of us would have to jump on a plane and than ship.. Or ride.. Probably me going down there because of his friends dealership. He said he's gunna find out, so we'll see. **** if his friend said that he could get me a CBR for 6-7k brand new.. I'd be on the plane tonight. xD

Old 11-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're in NY right? Hard to say who'd have better deals. Florida would have more competition among the dealers (bigger market = more dealers). But they have a nearly year round riding season so they won't have the falloff that NY has in the winter. Shop both places.

Oh and I'd not take cash, for both the obvious and less obvious reason. I once bought a brand new Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 for $6000 less than sticker by walking into the dealership with a cashier's check already made out for the sum. Waited patiently for a salesperson (took a bit since I intentionally dressed like crap), (semi)acted pissed i was made to wait, pointed at the truck and showed him the check. He came and picked me up at my house the next day since I had no way to drive there and drive my truck back (they needed 1 day to prep it).

The cashier's check made it very clear I was serious about buying right then and not spending a penny more. Also by paying the full amount, it cut out the finance officer's cut (lowering the price) and was the least amount of work he had to do for a sale. Even knew the options and color I wanted (the showroom model was perfect once they got it out the showroom)

Old 11-01-2009, 07:44 PM

Nope, I'm from Jersey, but wouldn't mind going to a diff state to buy(depending on price). So you think a cashiers check would be a better idea? What do you think a good number on that check would be?