Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I broke it....

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 07:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I broke it....

I needed to do some maintenance on the Wing. Since the GW is my daily driver and my son was out of town at a baseball tournament, figured that would be a good time to tear it down and do a bunch of stuff while I used his car.

Anyways... Wed. night figured I'd start and take a leisurely pace and work on it some each night so I didn't eat up my whole weekend. Just want to get started and remove the plastics, top shelter, and get everything off and out of the way.

Everything was perfect for it -- the wife was gone, the kid was gone, the ball game was on the radio and I was having a good leisurely time. Leisurely as in t-shirt, shorts, no shoes. But hey, I'm not doing anything drastic, just taking off plastics.

But the friggin meter panel won't come off because I can't get a small wire harness to release. Never fear, I'll get my trusty large metal Mag light and figure out the problem.

5 mins later, I'm still struggling with this stupid thing. Finally, prop the flashlight up and get both hands in there and I'm still not making progress.

I see the flashlight starting to move and I know it's gonna fall. I figure it should be able to take it. It's rugged, heavy, metal. A fall from 4 feet shouldn't break it. Plus my hands are in there pretty good and I'm not going to be able to catch it in time anyway. What the hell, just let it fall. What's the worst that could happen?

You had to ask that question didn't you?

Seconds later I'm screaming and jumping around like a mad man. Several of my neighbors are out working in their yards and look at me like I'm crazy. I'm already the "bad boy" on the street because I ride motorcycles.

Back to the pain... it hurts like a mother! I figure OK, calm down, it's only gonna hurt for a minute or two. I look down and somehow this rugged, heavy, metal flashlight fell from about 4 feet and managed to pinpoint my second toe on my right foot. Didn't touch the big toe or the third toe. Caught me right where the toenail meets the toe. That thing must have laser guided technology built into it - a feature I was unaware of before now.

I go inside and get it bandaged up and try to stop the bleeding. When the wife comes home, she just looks at it and says you're gonna lose that nail. duh! No ****! Gimme something to stop this throbbing!

Go to the Dr on Thursday and they do an x-ray. I don't know why, because what are you gonna do for a toe? All I want is some pain meds because my whole foot is swollen now and I can't even begin to put on a shoe. The x-rays reveal a fracture and I get my meds.

Today almost all of the swelling is gone and it feels almost normal until something puts pressure on it.

It's Saturday and now guess what.... I get to eat up most of my weekend finishing off maintenance on the wing because my son is back and needs his car and that damn van costs me $30 in gas each day if I drive it.

So much for taking your time, leisurely doing things at a nice pace and all.

I'm heading out to the garage now. Anybody seen my shoes?

Old 07-28-2007, 08:03 AM
Default RE: I broke it....

wow that sucks....i hate dropping stuff on my toe, but that one takes the cake.....what game was on the radio?

Old 07-28-2007, 08:57 AM

Cards / Cubs. Stupid Cubs were winning/won too. I shoulda known all was not in synch in the world when the Cubs are winning this late in the summer. I was supposed to go to the game the next night when the Cards walloped them, but couldn't because of the toe![sm=headbang.gif]

Old 07-28-2007, 09:50 AM

Whew! For a minute there I thought this post was gonna be about you dropping the 1kRR or the GW!!
J/K hope you heal up soon!
So was it one of those Mags that they show in the commercials getting run over by the 18-wheeler? I bet that hurt likea mother!

Old 07-28-2007, 10:35 AM

I hate those. I slammed a slinding van door on my middle finger one time, right on the nail-bed. I have been through some pain in my time. Several broken bones, ect ect....but that damn finger made me pass out. I got sick to my stomach, felt dizzy, and fell forward off the couch.....ugh. That sucks man.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:44 AM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

that made me lol

hope ur toe heels up quick boss

Old 07-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

atleast it sounds like the mag light didnt break

Old 07-28-2007, 11:12 AM

haha, Great write up !!

Old 07-28-2007, 11:13 AM

i thought he was gonna say the mag light broke for awhile there.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Hayden06F4i

i thought he was gonna say the mag light broke for awhile there.
same here

Quick Reply: I broke it....