Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I am excited

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 12:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Just try not to push her too hard into it. Riding is something people should only do if they really want to and are comfortable with, She'll either want to or she won't, no point putting strain on a friendship over it.

Also, picking her first bike is something she should do with someone only making suggestions on what she picked and whether it would be good for her, not flat out suggesting which she should get. When my fiancee got her first bike she picked it out, I just told her about the one she picked and gave her tips about the pros and cons of each and she made her own informed decision then. She ended up on a 05 sv650s as her first ride, it was hers, she picked it, worked on it, and rode the hell out of it, was a close toss up between the sv and a 650r. All she wanted from me was the ok on it being a decent bike and not too bad for beginners. Same goes for her 09 phoenix she rides now, well, expcept for the beginner part, but she's not one of those anymore.
+1
Bikes are major purchases. Not so much in the price but definitely in the changes it makes in the person. They're going to using a mode of transportation significantly riskier than driving a car. People have to accept that and the risks on their own. If you push them in and something happens, they may blame you.

My best friend bought a bike and lowsided it in the parking lot on his 1st ride. He let an idiot "teach" him (I hadn't restarted riding). I gave him a nudge to get another and give it another go. But I can see he'll never have what it takes to accept that. And pushing any further will strain our friendship. So I drop it and just tease him...

Usually by walking on his BMW from stoplight to stoplight and telling him he paid $45k more to look as good as I do on Ororo

Old 06-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
HAHAHAHAHAAAA You got your butt kicked
As you can see.... She was armed with a frying pan.... HAHAHAHa

Old 06-07-2011, 01:57 AM
August 2011 ROTM

My friend remembered how I was when I first got my bike Hopefully she will use that in good way.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dfbewley2

Sorry had to beat nate

Thats what I get for going to bed early.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i

Thats what I get for going to bed early.
If you snooze you loose!

Old 06-07-2011, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
+1
Bikes are major purchases. Not so much in the price but definitely in the changes it makes in the person. They're going to using a mode of transportation significantly riskier than driving a car. People have to accept that and the risks on their own. If you push them in and something happens, they may blame you.

My best friend bought a bike and lowsided it in the parking lot on his 1st ride. He let an idiot "teach" him (I hadn't restarted riding). I gave him a nudge to get another and give it another go. But I can see he'll never have what it takes to accept that. And pushing any further will strain our friendship. So I drop it and just tease him...

Usually by walking on his BMW from stoplight to stoplight and telling him he paid $45k more to look as good as I do on Ororo
yup. I picked out a bike and got my friend insanely hyped up about riding, a week later he bought it. At first I thought he loved the thing but he never made it out of a parking lot. it really taught me that some people just don't like it as much as I do. a lot of my close friends ask me about getting a bike and say how much they want one, but do not be fooled into thinking that they know what they are getting into and truly feel the way they think.

Still riding solo :P

Old 06-07-2011, 10:41 PM
August 2011 ROTM

At least my GFS are going to MSF class first and ride the bike there first time and see how they feel. Also they are responsible to get their license first before they buy one or start to ride one

Still riding solo here too

Old 06-08-2011, 02:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good stuff Yumi, although riding with complete noobs will probably be boring for a while until they get their confidence and skills up to par.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName
Good stuff Yumi, although riding with complete noobs will probably be boring for a while until they get their confidence and skills up to par.
This can be true for sure!

I got lucky the last time I rode with a nOOb...he only had the bike 4 days (600rr). He did awesome at keeping up on the twisties, granted the other guy in the group (929rr) and I (F4i) started him out pretty slow.