Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hubble: The most amazing space photographs in the universe

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hubble: The most amazing space photographs in the universe

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

ORIGINAL: compulady5
ORIGINAL: SpiritRR
ORIGINAL: catamayo85
space is supposed to just go on forever...
Evidently, the universe is flat, like a very thick sheet of paper, yet is continually expanding and will do so forever.
And since it keeps growing at the speed of light, no one could ever reach the "edge".
Ok, so with the theory that the universe IS still expanding ( theoridically (sp) still in the midst of the big bang), There is one of three predictors as to whether the universe is flat, round (as Jfunk said), and closed.
If it's open, it will go on forever.... If it's flat, then it will expand for an infinite time but slow after a while. Obviously, if it's closed... Then eventually it will run out of "space" and collapse on itself.

Parallel Universes, Ah, into Quantum Physics.. Cool stuff.
I have a basic theory about all this stuff ... but it usually takes 3 cold cans to understand it myself ..

So I will just say ..
Space cant actually ever actually end ..
Space is just space ..if it ended (like a wall for example) that fact that a wall was in front of you would mean that something must be or was on the other dam side , even if it was just more nothing or bloody space, a buncha black holes , a huge gooey mess , plasma storms , weird unknown ugly scary things , what ever ....
And ok ..as for the collapse back on it self thing .... if it does collapse what would be left ..??

Their really can be no such thing as actual nothing

What ****s me is that all of us will be long gone before we ever get to know fully the real facts about all this stuff ....space, time, parallel universes , why we are here or why anything exists for that matter ..

think I just gave myself a headache..

There you see, it even happened to Classic.
I used to think the same thing.
What if space is part of something even bigger. Maybe space is part of something else?
What is "space" exactly?

Old 12-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hubble: The most amazing space photographs in the universe

whoooooooooooa, AWESOME find/post jfunk. i love this kind of stuff, very very interesting!