Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

how to stop muscle mass from decreasing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how to stop muscle mass from decreasing?

ORIGINAL: jdschmidt

here is a rough sketch of what i will look like at the end of the 7 months

yea people are going to be [sm=laughat.gif]

and then you punch them with your big arm and they will [sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 05-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Banned

Your arm will come back faster than you think, muscle does have memory when it comes to rebuilding. Don't push it or you you screw up your shoulder.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:11 PM

well the doc. said i will have 100% use and strength back in 7 months..really screws up plans for my new job..no riding for 3 months due to a sling..this is going to be hell.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Your arm will come back faster than you think, muscle does have memory when it comes to rebuilding. Don't push it or you you screw up your shoulder.

its goes away so quick, and takes 3X the time to get it back...

Old 05-03-2008, 10:03 PM

1) ISOMETRICS- just flex and hold your muscles in repetition. This will definitely help and doesn't require movement.

2) Diet: caffeine and alcohol will have a fast and negative effect on your muscle. Stick to water and juices (not to mention protein)

3) I can't think of anything else, but you can't just stop after making 2 points. There always has to be a third point.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:22 PM
RCR

Are you sure the big arm isn't from to whacken off too much? Yourself portriatsure looks like you arm is locked in a certian position....[:@]

Old 05-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: jdschmidt

Well, i used to work out every day and worked very hard to get my arms big..basically since i messed my shoulder up..and havent been able to work out anymore..i can actually tell my left arm is getting smaller/softer..and its driving me insane..i cant lift anything with it..and im going to go crazy if it gets any smaller.is there anything i can do to prevent this..or just let it go, and in 7 months when i can use it fully again just try to build it back up?? thanks guys..

sorry if this gets posted more thn once.. i cant seem to get it to work right now.
Welcome to the club. The frustrating part is the worst part other than the loss of the muscle. You will hear right after your surgery there's no way you're climbing back on the bench anytime soon of course you've already heard this before hand and it is absolutely the truth. The only upside is long layoffs sometimes give the individual the advantage of a quicker built back up. Usually it only takes about half as long to get back to where you were at. The body has a tendency to remember, where it needs to be for the level of activity you operate at. And if were talking about a clavicle or scalping injuring they are telling you six months at least. I personally went back to my3/2 split after four months with lighter weight and seen decent results within a short period of time. Before having to go back under the knife. Here is some pic taken quite a while after my IED injury

Old 05-03-2008, 10:49 PM

I don't understand why people worry about size for some reason, I guess it's just me. Be thankfull that you still have your arm and can use it for normal things like wiping your own ***. People always take things for granted.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Here I'll break it down for you in my case my life literally depends whether or not I can physically overpower individual as a last resort old Force Reconnaissance operate as deep deep Reconnaissance you must carry everything you could possibly need in yourself there is no close support

Old 05-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Because size does matter, ask any woman

Quick Reply: how to stop muscle mass from decreasing?