Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How much for the Magnet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if I'm riding solo, I don't carry a spare helmet EVER. I've been asked for rides a few times and was like "Sorry, no, I'm not taking someone I haven't rode with before without a helmet" and a couple times I've had girls reply "but I got a helmet right here, let's go!" Only once got a complaint that I didn't make the ride "exciting" enough...but I have issues with squiding at all if I'm two up.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Xander F4i
Only once got a complaint that I didn't make the ride "exciting" enough..
haha, there are two types off girls ive found, the ones that love speed and the ones that will scratch your eyes out if you hit it.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by revilingfool
haha, there are two types off girls ive found, the ones that love speed and the ones that will scratch your eyes out if you hit it.
It's the latter of those two that worry me!

Old 04-17-2011, 07:40 PM

I used to get way more chicks checking me out when I rode a scooter and dressed preppy.

preppy does not work with gear....

Old 04-17-2011, 09:09 PM

Yep....I'm 36, I take my oldest daughter for rides. She absolutely loves it but my wife won't go anymore(she has though) because she says the kids will be alone if we both die! I think the sexy factor is gone when the wife pictures me dead on the road though? It sucks that it worries her so much but I just love to ride!(selfish?)

Old 04-17-2011, 09:17 PM

ride the bike everyday, always carry a spare helmet, always get a lot of attention. My last gf loved the bike and every other girl loves to ride i will always take a girl who wants to go but first explain the RULES, and i agree that me and another friend who is on another bike are great wingmen to each other.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
i got a lot of attention from chicks because i was on a bike in college, from either them seeing me in class with my gear, or talking to them about riding

actually having the bike though was really annoying like people said before. my frat house in college was set up like an apartment, with breezeways. the guys that had bikes in my frat and me would have our bikes parked by our apartments in the breezeway for a lil more security. however, at parties and or just late at night a lot of times, i'd come out of my room for a smoke or something and there'd be a bunch of drunk chicks trying to take pictures on it and what not. drunk chicks and 400 lbs of bike that's too tall for them do not mix

having a bike and having girls around usually ends up more often than not with "get the hell away from my bike" more so then "hey ladies, want a ride?"

hahaha i am in college right now and this happened once ^^
never should have brought my bike, never again

Old 04-17-2011, 11:44 PM
August 2011 ROTM

I don't think guys like cougar riding sportbike. I get more compliments from female than male. All my girlfriends and my female customers think it is cool that I ride. The guys always tell me "so when you gonna take me for ride?" In your fking dream. lol I can say it is not a guy magnet. It can be a nuisance magnet.

Oh and if I may add, guys who ride sportbike in Hawaii SUCK big time. I just want to ride. If you are not interested in going to bed with them, they don't want to ride with you. So I go solo. My bike and I are too precious to be handled by jerks. ha ha (sorry I was ranting a bit)

Old 04-19-2011, 06:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by __Z__
beleive it or not this fascination women may or may not have with your ride, will become more of a annoyance than anything...

heard tons of stories of women knocking guys bikes over trying to sit on them when they arent there..... as for me i eliminated people messing with mine by installing a alarm haha..

I am married (21 so im not old) and my wife hates my bike so i guess I dont have many stories to share lol
Oh man, you reminded me to start the new thread I was going to earlier today!

Old 04-19-2011, 06:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My unfortunately now ex-gf is actually the reason why I got my bike when I got it. It was her dream for 10 years (since Trinity on the Duc) to ride a motorcycle (don't get me wrong, I wanted a bike all along but the timing was inspired by her).

I guess I get attention from people looking at me every now and again, it's usually thumbs up from guys though haha.
A few days ago was the first time that a group of three girls actually clearly looked at me with wide eyes when I rode past. I think girls are generally a bit more subtle when showing their appreciation.
I gave a friendly nod and just continued on my path. It doesn't do much for me to be honest.

When I was still together with my ex gf I promised her that I wouldn't take other girls for a ride (other than a select few, my bro's gf and a friend of mine) so I don't.
I haven't had any random girls asking for rides though (besides the promise I wouldn't want some random girl on the bike anyway).

My crazy Gixxer friend loves the attention he gets from girls. He'll slow down just so they can get a better look haha!

Last edited by UnderAssumedName; 04-19-2011 at 06:49 AM.

Quick Reply: How much for the Magnet?