Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How much for the Magnet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 02:30 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffjones
Whats the proximity sensor?
if someone gets to close to the bike it goes off...

its technically a "microwave sensor"

Old 04-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by __Z__
if someone gets to close to the bike it goes off...

its technically a "microwave sensor"

Thats what I was thinking but how close?
Like if someone prks beside you and gets out or a car drives by in a parking lot id it going to go off?
or can you set the distance?

I have mine under a cover all the time so I doubt it would work for me anyways

Old 04-14-2011, 02:37 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

it goes off if your like within 3-4 feet on mine, but its adjustable

and mines in the "trunk" and it still picks up just fine

Old 04-14-2011, 02:46 PM

some chick at the local watering hole was trying to impress all the harley guys by saying crotch rockets weren't cool and she only liked harleys. specifically pointed at mine and said that one's lame.

she stayed in my bed that night, and i let her apologize.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:31 PM

i get a lot of looks when i walk into a room with full gear.

Ive had two one nighters that started by taking the girls out on my bike. It's usually more my buddy that causes it though as i dont want to deal with the liability of not knowing the person and her being a first time rider. Ha i mean two crotch rockets and 2 guys that can work the wingman get it done pretty quick.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im 21 and married and my wife loves my bike.

Ive had people ask me for a ride before or ask what i was doing later. I just reply with i dont think my wife would like that or well i dont have my wifes helemt here so i cant give you a ride. haha

Old 04-15-2011, 12:28 AM

I get a bit of attention when I'm on campus with it, or when I walk into class with full gear on after a ride. I'd say I've had 7 or 8 ladies come ask about it and hint that they want a ride (or a ride ), but I'm very much against 2 up riding right now due to lack of experience, so I normally end up being my own cockblock.

I think the bike attracts attention from the ladies, but it's not like it's gonna pull them in like flys if your a troll under the helmet.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i got a lot of attention from chicks because i was on a bike in college, from either them seeing me in class with my gear, or talking to them about riding

actually having the bike though was really annoying like people said before. my frat house in college was set up like an apartment, with breezeways. the guys that had bikes in my frat and me would have our bikes parked by our apartments in the breezeway for a lil more security. however, at parties and or just late at night a lot of times, i'd come out of my room for a smoke or something and there'd be a bunch of drunk chicks trying to take pictures on it and what not. drunk chicks and 400 lbs of bike that's too tall for them do not mix

having a bike and having girls around usually ends up more often than not with "get the hell away from my bike" more so then "hey ladies, want a ride?"

Old 04-15-2011, 11:21 AM

I've had one experience where I was at a gas station and some chick asked for a ride. I declined because I have no 2 up experience. She was hot though. I do regret not giving her that ride

Old 04-15-2011, 02:35 PM

lmao.. yeah I am a college student as well and people are starting to talk to me when I come in with my gear and my bike is a head turner but thats it up to this point. keep the stories coming everyone! personally im finding this pretty comical so far

Quick Reply: How much for the Magnet?