Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How many of you have done a track day?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you have done a track day?

Title says it all.

And, if you have done one or 100, what do you think of it?

The experience I mean.

Thanks.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:13 PM

No one?

Huh...

Never mind I noticed the section below...sorry 'bout that.

Last edited by bmgcya; 03-07-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:45 PM

I have had my bike (f4) for about 8 months. I have not tried it yet. I will probably wait until I have a bit more riding experience.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by platnumbob
I have had my bike (f4) for about 8 months. I have not tried it yet. I will probably wait until I have a bit more riding experience.
The instructors can actually help you become a better street rider as far as technique goes.
When you do take one get in the novice group.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:54 PM

Here's what I think.

I did my first one last year at HPT. Ive had the bike 4/5 years, I learned more in that one day on the track than I did in the previous years on the street.

I rode the bike as fast as it would go and came home with no speeding tickets. I didnt see any road kill/sand/gravel......yada yada.

If you have to beg, borrow, or steal the money, DO IT, it will soon consume you, and riding on the streets wont be the same.

I suggest taking some riders that are better than you and have them critique you and what you are doing.

I prolly had 1/2 inch chicken stips when I got there on my rear tire, and that day I ended up scrapping my foot pegs, toes, knees.

Here's what you look like after you scrape hard parts on the bike the first time

Name:  touchdown.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  104.3 KB

Old 03-07-2009, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by F3Nelson
Here's what I think.

I did my first one last year at HPT. Ive had the bike 4/5 years, I learned more in that one day on the track than I did in the previous years on the street.

I rode the bike as fast as it would go and came home with no speeding tickets. I didnt see any road kill/sand/gravel......yada yada.

If you have to beg, borrow, or steal the money, DO IT, it will soon consume you, and riding on the streets wont be the same.

I suggest taking some riders that are better than you and have them critique you and what you are doing.

I prolly had 1/2 inch chicken stips when I got there on my rear tire, and that day I ended up scrapping my foot pegs, toes, knees.

Here's what you look like after you scrape hard parts on the bike the first time

Haha...cool.

I scrape my pegs, boots, and occasionally a knee on the street, but the knee is rare.
Just isn't any tarmac that seems sticky enough, and when there is there is always something you have to worry about...like cars and such.

Good post dude.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Default 1

That is a good post...the picture says it all! you know there is a big smile under that helmet.