Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How many times have you wrecked? Stories please

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 07:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How many times have you wrecked? Stories please

Makes ya think before you hit the throttle at over 100 dosent it?

Old 02-14-2008, 10:16 AM

I've wrecked twice, so far. First time was when I got for the very first time. I was maybe 6. t-boned a parked farm truck. Second time was a couple of years ago, was going to meet the Miss's and was taking interstate, it was under construction, and instead of the long sweeping left, it was and immediate left. Going around 50mph, took it to deep and hit the sand from the constuction, I did a flying superman, bike bounced off the barrier, slid out into the off ramp. Jumped to my feet, over the railing, slowed down the next car, no one else was coming, back over the barrier, stook the bike up, shifted to first, started it up, and took off. Pulled off the road a ways down, to let the addrenalin pass thru and check out the bike ('76 CB750). Nothin major done to the bike, nothing major to me. Bottom part of my chin was roughed up, bit my tongue. Was wearing textile cloves, and it ate up my left pinky (leather only now). Wasn't very much fun, but it needed to happen. It slowed my squid riding down, a little.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:39 AM

Threds like this should be ban IMO. We all know it can happen and most likely will, but I'd rather not hear or talk about it.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:15 AM

i jsut had dirtbike accidents, many dislocated shoulders and wrists, recent one a month before i got rid of my dirtbike i was street riding to a place about 20 minutes from myhouse some *** hole had his blinkers on to the RIGHT and was letting me pass the next thing i know i go around and he pulls in front of me with now his LEFT blinkers at last sec stoppie and dislocated both my shoulders and my right wrist..i poped my right wrist out about 2 week before this...friend did it by accident.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:04 PM

Accident free for my first 20 years of riding, but I seem to be trying to make up for that over the last 16 months. Low sided on a corner on my way to work due to a little moisture on a wide painted stripe which resulted in a broken collar bone for me and a little rash on the right side of the bike. A couple months later I ran into a little interference while lane splitting on my way home from work.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Bci82yjyA) And last week I hit a dog on my way to work. All of my accidents have happened in Mexico so I think if I just stay in the US I will be OK.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1690/06CBA819B38842189C5229353009719E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-14-2008, 12:26 PM

ouch ^^^ glad your alright

Old 02-14-2008, 01:27 PM

ORIGINAL: kman311

Accident free for my first 20 years of riding, but I seem to be trying to make up for that over the last 16 months. Low sided on a corner on my way to work due to a little moisture on a wide painted stripe which resulted in a broken collar bone for me and a little rash on the right side of the bike. A couple months later I ran into a little interference while lane splitting on my way home from work.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Bci82yjyA) And last week I hit a dog on my way to work. All of my accidents have happened in Mexico so I think if I just stay in the US I will be OK.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1690/06CBA819B38842189C5229353009719E.jpg[/IMG]
That is precisely why I will never split lanes. People don't pay enough attention for that to be remotely safe. [:'(]

Old 02-14-2008, 01:43 PM

yeah..except for the fact that the truck pulled in front of him on purpose..stupid f***.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: jdschmidt

yeah..except for the fact that the truck pulled in front of him on purpose..stupid f***.

Kinda looked like the truck was trying to move into that gap between the semis. I'm sure the video's owner will know.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

ORIGINAL: jdschmidt

Kinda looked like the truck was trying to move into that gap between the semis. I'm sure the video's owner will know.
I don't think the truck tried to cut me off intentionally. The semis on this particularhighway tend to block the road waiting to get through Mexican Customs on their way to the US. Some drivers try to get on to the shoulder and head back the opposite way to get around the trucks. This was one of the reasons I started riding to work because the trucks would block the road for up to 30 minutes. I have had other cars on the bridge to the US intentionally try to keep me from passing them. Lane splitting in not legal here but the cops always wave me through when I come up to them in line.

Quick Reply: How many times have you wrecked? Stories please