Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: how many times have you dropped your bike?
42.35%
27.06%
21.18%
5.88%
0%
1.18%
1.18%
0%
0%
9+
1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

How many times have you dropped your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing yet. The closest was when I was practicing for my drivers test.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:58 PM

I laid one down in a rain storm after hydra plane, went for a good slide but was lucky enough that the wet road saved me several layers of skin.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:09 AM

Good to see a majority of us have not dropped it, 0 for me too.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does it count if someone else knocks it over?

i had my bike down at school at the edge of the parking lot in front of our house. I was in the process of tearing it apart trying to fix some electrical issues. So instead of putting it back together for the night and starting again tomorrow i left all the pieces out there and the gas tank only attached by the hose..put the cover over the bike though. walked outside the next morning and noticed the bike looked different. walked over to it and noticed the gas tank was leaned up next to the bike hidden under the cover. im guessing someone was turning around and backed into it (probably drunk) and knocked it over. spider cracked front lower fairing, split an upper fairing, sent the gas tank flying ripping the gas line, had to replace the oil and filter, air filters that had got eaten by gas, and eventually had to buy a new set of plastic

never found the a**hole who did it either...

Old 07-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

zip ......to date ! ........ at least on this bike lol

Old 07-12-2010, 07:56 PM

Only one drop for me...
Unfortunately it was at around 50mph!!!

Thankfully the second 929 has been rubber side down it's entire life and I hope to keep it that way too.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jinx
I dropped my F4 around 5 or 6 times.... the first time was exactly 1 week after i got it. A car was oncoming in my lane, and ran me off the road, into a grassy ditch. bent the shifter, and scraped the sides a bit... no real damage...

the next two were from making a U-turn on a hill, and as i got perpendicular to the hill the bike kind of stopped, and just slow motion tipped down the hill... stupid.

the next was when i was following my friend, who was driving his car. we were leaving a stoplight, and it was probably 2am... no cars around or anything. Suddenly i see his break lights come on, so i just figure its a cop or something, so i slow down a bit too. (we were only doing about 30mph, which was the speed limit).
i looked down for a second, and when i looked back up i was about to run up his ***, because he was stopped dead in the middle of the road. I did an endo into the back bumper of his car, and stopped just short of his car, with maybe a slight tap of my tire hitting his back bumper.... needless to say i thought me and the bike were going to end up on the roof of his car. Turns out he stopped in the middle of the highway because there was a dead possum, and he "wanted to make sure i didnt hit it, and crash."...

One other time, the most rescent i can think of, i was following my cousin, and we were riding a no-lines, one-lane backroad, and only doing maybe 5-10 mph. we were going around a right hand corner, when all of the sudden, i look up and he has stopped dead mid-corner. so i narrowly miss hitting him, and drop off the road to the right, into someones front yard.... i stop just fine, and after im stopped, (my cousin has yet to look back or even have any clue as to whats going on...) my bike does another sloooow motion tip over... cant save it.... hits the ground and snaps the stem of my right mirror...... He looks back just in time to see me picking the bike upright.... apparently he stopped because he thought the road was someones driveway.....

Moral of the story... i will always lead from now on, and never follow ANYONE. FFS

Luckily i have yet to drop my 999. knock on wood, pray to jesus it never ever happens. that thing is far too pretty, with its custom green and blue, on black base, metal flake paintjob...
looks like you have a problem with looking down when your riding, that sucks tho man at least none of em were total bike destruction

Old 07-22-2010, 02:52 PM

Meh, the only one that hurt anything was the first one when the guy coming over the hill ran me off the road. All i had to do was bend the shifter back in place

And the only time i 'looked down' was to look at my speedometer. not really sure how to do that other than to look down at it... lol

Old 11-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Default Bike dropped 2 times

First time i dropped my baby was coming up to a stop sign. It was uneven from the side road to the main road (like a little curb 1-2 inches high). I came to a stop at the exact point my front wheel hit the ledge. Bike rocked back left foot went forward handle handle bar turned and I lost my footing. It fell to the left. Scratched my stator cover. Plastics were fine.
A trucker blew his horn going by when he saw me.

Second time I was rushing taking out the bike from the garage. Thought the kickstand was down...began to rest it over and it kept going to the ground. I Scratched the stator cover even more. Plastics were fine.

Both drops could of been avoided. I should have held the brake after I hit the ledge instead of releasing it. And I should have took my time and double checked the kickstand was all the way down.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:13 PM

My buddy and i were testing out what we could mix moonshine with to make it drinkable for the girls later that night...lol after a couple taste tests it starts to hit you but i didnt think it would. So im out in the driveway ten minutes later riding the f3 in real tight circles to prove my buddy i could do it. I did the circles fine...but when i came to a stop i lost my footing on gravel or something in his driveway and she went over on the right side. Minimal damage and i had touch up paint already. Cant notice it from standing next to the bike now.

Dont let people persuade you into doing things on the bike, unless you brought a video camera

Quick Reply: How many times have you dropped your bike?