Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: how many times have you dropped your bike?
42.35%
27.06%
21.18%
5.88%
0%
1.18%
1.18%
0%
0%
9+
1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

How many times have you dropped your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many times have you dropped your bike?

I never ever layed down my bike on a turn due to sand or nothing! however i find that i dropp my bike doing the most stupid things possible! Today i pulled over on the side of the high way to wait for my girlfriend who was following me with her car. when i pulled over there was dirt on the side of the bank, and as i set my feet down a slipped and dropped the bike in front of everyone lol! stupid stupid stupid no damage thanks to my frame sliders. And the other time was when i cleaned my bike i pulled on the front tire to spray the side with a tire cleaner, and that caused the bike to roll forward and push the kickstand down.. So i dropped my bike twice from being careless. What about you guys?

Old 07-03-2010, 01:18 AM

The last two bikes I've had have never been dropped Thanks To God. My cbr900rr I dropped so many times stunting that its a street fighter now. The bikes before that mabe a couple of times. Your right though, I've had close calls just backing it out and stupid stuff like that. Johnnyh

Old 07-03-2010, 01:37 AM

lol i hate doing stupid things that cause a drop. Poor bike tho, good thing it has frame sliders they acually help alot. Gonna get a crash cage for my next bike lol

Old 07-03-2010, 05:30 AM

I dropped the CLR125 on the grass while i was pissing about and grabbed a handfull of front brake, i heard epic laffs from my mates before i hit the deck.....

I never dropped the ZXR400, I think it was to sexy to drop and my mind wouldnt let me.

Rode the CBR600 through a hedge within 3hrs of owning it, but i have never dropped it.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:12 AM
June 2011 ROTM

I havent dropped mine yet. I just got it painted so I should be dropping it soon.
A buddy of mine dropped his while filling it up with gas lol

Old 07-03-2010, 11:22 AM

i've had a low speed low side when i was first learning (the day before i took my course haha), and a high side when i took a corner too fast and hit gravel while trying not to rear end my buddy infront of me while locking up the rear brake and gettig thrown off once the bike got traction, and finally since i cant flatfoot both feet at the same time, i need to lean to the right and put my right foot down to take my bike out of neutral and when i put my right foot down i slipped in a pile of sand and oil my bro in law left for me. to top it off there was an old man at the end of my driveway shaking his head at me

Old 07-03-2010, 02:31 PM

I dropped my F4 around 5 or 6 times.... the first time was exactly 1 week after i got it. A car was oncoming in my lane, and ran me off the road, into a grassy ditch. bent the shifter, and scraped the sides a bit... no real damage...

the next two were from making a U-turn on a hill, and as i got perpendicular to the hill the bike kind of stopped, and just slow motion tipped down the hill... stupid.

the next was when i was following my friend, who was driving his car. we were leaving a stoplight, and it was probably 2am... no cars around or anything. Suddenly i see his break lights come on, so i just figure its a cop or something, so i slow down a bit too. (we were only doing about 30mph, which was the speed limit).
i looked down for a second, and when i looked back up i was about to run up his ***, because he was stopped dead in the middle of the road. I did an endo into the back bumper of his car, and stopped just short of his car, with maybe a slight tap of my tire hitting his back bumper.... needless to say i thought me and the bike were going to end up on the roof of his car. Turns out he stopped in the middle of the highway because there was a dead possum, and he "wanted to make sure i didnt hit it, and crash."...

One other time, the most rescent i can think of, i was following my cousin, and we were riding a no-lines, one-lane backroad, and only doing maybe 5-10 mph. we were going around a right hand corner, when all of the sudden, i look up and he has stopped dead mid-corner. so i narrowly miss hitting him, and drop off the road to the right, into someones front yard.... i stop just fine, and after im stopped, (my cousin has yet to look back or even have any clue as to whats going on...) my bike does another sloooow motion tip over... cant save it.... hits the ground and snaps the stem of my right mirror...... He looks back just in time to see me picking the bike upright.... apparently he stopped because he thought the road was someones driveway.....

Moral of the story... i will always lead from now on, and never follow ANYONE. FFS

Luckily i have yet to drop my 999. knock on wood, pray to jesus it never ever happens. that thing is far too pretty, with its custom green and blue, on black base, metal flake paintjob...

Old 07-03-2010, 03:15 PM
June 2011 ROTM

Aww hell, now a guy named jinx is posting in here. I better get to knocking on some wood

Old 07-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dropped my old F2 before. I am only 135lbs and that bike is like a huge tank. Never rode a bike and it had to be my first one. First night almost dropped it thinking the kick stand was down. Next time I almost dropped it practicing the cone weaving to do my licenses. Third time I finally did drop it at about 5-10 mph. Buddy was riding my butt to hard when trying to go up the driveway. Hit sand and down I went.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dropped my f2 twice. THANK GOD i have never dropped my new RR and i pray i never do!!!!

Quick Reply: How many times have you dropped your bike?