Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How To Clean My Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006 | 01:21 PM
Default RE: How To Clean My Bike?

ORIGINAL: drag the knee

i used water on my old suzuki... never made that mistake twice... i got water somewhere where it shouldnt be, and i fried my headlights and gauge cluster... ever since then i use this pink stuff i got at the shop... its called like Dr. Moto (i think) im at work right now, i can tell you what its called later. it smells like strawberries and it works like windex. never had any problems after that. it cleans like no other, and it doesnt streak or anything
That be a suzuki mate, if a honda aint waterproof you`ve got serious problems. I`ve ridden through all but blizzards and never ever had a problem with it all getting wet, + I soak everything when I clean it.

Old 01-01-2007 | 10:49 PM

I spray the bike down with the "shower" setting on the nozzle then I use the red bottle on the right and spray the front (making sure to get A LOT of it inside the air ducts so the air going into the bike is nice and clean) then the side and back and other side. Then I start the bike and dry it all off and take it for a ride around the block in shorts and a tshirt. Come back and use the stuff on the right, the polish, spray it on the bike and in a nice even circular motion wipe it off with an old stafford undershirt tshirt. =)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...e/IMG_0134.jpg

Old 01-02-2007 | 12:27 AM

[8D]This is what I do.I wash my 05'CBR1000RR in a car wash using a micro-fiber towel,rinse,dry with a micro-fiber towel,wax on with a micr-fiber towel,wax off with a micro-fiber towel & hit the road.Looks great when I'm through!

Old 01-02-2007 | 05:33 AM

Honda cleaner is what everyone talks about but it is illegal to sell in California so I use Plexis. It gets 8 out of 10. Its pretty greasy and you have to do a lot of buffing but everything else about it is perfect. I am going to start experimenting with waxes because my bike has some minor scratches from the previous owner that I dont want to look at anymore. If anyone has any wax recomendations I'd like to hear them.

Old 01-02-2007 | 12:44 PM
VP

get Ice polish ... wash with cold soapy water dry with a chamois and then ice polish the thing... costs about 15 bucks but it's worth it...
Name:  09102006.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  82.1 KB

mother's aluminum polish on the can... can't beat it

Old 01-02-2007 | 01:53 PM

ORIGINAL: maakif
Can you use on the painted surface? A note under the Directions - reads, "For chrome and unpainted surfaces only."
Thanks,
maakif
BE VERY CAREFUL... THE POLISH DOES/DID COME IN TWO "DIFFERENT" CANS THAT LOOK IDENTICAL. One of them has the abovewarning on the can, the other does not. Make sure you get the correct one.
I use the polish90% of the time. When I take the bike on a long trip or on some not-so-bike-friendly-roads I will wash it with soap and water too though - just to get the majority of the grime off - but then will finish the job with the polish.