Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to clean your bike without getting it wet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to clean your bike without getting it wet?

What are some genuinely good cleaning products that you can use to clean your bike without having to spray it down with water? My reason is because I just don't like water spots so I don't wash it the typical way.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:06 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem with any kind of wipes is that you are moving the dust and dirt around with them and ending up scratching the paintwork. Just wipe the bike dry and give it a light buff with a good quality chamois and you don't get those water spots. I don't use "normal" waxes on bikes (I should I know) cause the white residue gets into all the gaps but have noticed Turtle wax's Ice Shine also removes the rain stains pretty well.

EDIT: also, in case you didn't know, specially where you live, NEVER wash any vehicle in direct sunlight or let the soap dry onto the surface.

Last edited by Mattson; 04-11-2014 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:20 AM
Track junkie & modaholic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try pro honda polish, stuff is awesome and smells like bananas. I normally wash my bike once a month and wipe down the fairings and plastic bits once a week with the honda polish. Plexxus works well also but still use fresh water and soap to clean it just follow it up with the honda polish/plexxus and used dryer sheets for the rims (thanks yumi!) works like a charm every time.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CBR forever
My reason is because I just don't like water spots so I don't wash it the typical way.
I wash mine with a garden hose and a bucket of soapy water with a wash mitt. To keep the water spots off I use an electric leaf blower to dry it. It does a great job of forcing water from those hard to reach areas.

I use the leaf blower trick when I wash my cars, too.