Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! Can't clean bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP!! Can't clean bike

Ok, so I park my RR on the porch(has a roof but the sides are just railings, and i looked at it today closely and noticed it has this dust/who knows on like the front and left side plastics and windshield, so i pulled it out and started scrubbing it with a micro fiber pad with water and soap and it won't come off. My wife thinks its pollen and my bro in law thinks it could be from him sprayin some finish on wood kinda by the bike the other day. Does anyone know anything that would take this off? A good scrub brush that won't scratch the paint to crap? Any help with this would be appreciated! Its really starting to bug the crap out of me

Old 07-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife thinks its pollen and my bro in law thinks it could be from him sprayin some finish on wood kinda by the bike the other day.
I'll bet it was the wood finish; never heard of pollen doing that. I'd be so pissed! Have you asked him what it was exactly he was spraying. Most wood finishes won't come off with just water. I'd probably try paint thinner & see if that works, maybe WD-40. It shouldn't affect the bike's paint, but start in an inconspicuous section anyways.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:57 PM

well i know what he sprays, he builds trad bow's. Ya i'll have to try wd. Also we know a guy that does detailing for a living, I was plannin on talkin to him on monday, thanks for the imput though incognito

Old 07-05-2009, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Incognito
I'll bet it was the wood finish; never heard of pollen doing that. I'd be so pissed! Have you asked him what it was exactly he was spraying. Most wood finishes won't come off with just water. I'd probably try paint thinner & see if that works, maybe WD-40. It shouldn't affect the bike's paint, but start in an inconspicuous section anyways.
That or like goo-gone. A bug and tar remover

Old 07-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mineral Spirits will take that right off...or should anyway. As suggested, start at inconspicuous area. Follow w/ Honda Polish or similar polish. A cleaner wax would be good as well.

Good luck

Old 07-08-2009, 01:46 PM

Carb Cleaner or Brakleen. You're problem is gonig to be that some wood finish IS a plastic, so anything that removes it has a huge potential of melting your bike.

Last edited by johnnyx; 07-08-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:59 PM
June 2011 ROTM

I detailed cars for a few years and I used thinner to remove just about everything. Just polish it up when your done

Old 07-11-2009, 05:49 AM

And don't put brakleen or carb finish on your paint. If any of the other options don't work try a clay bar

Old 07-15-2009, 09:58 PM

The previous owner definitely sprayed my bike with something....perhaps even black paint. Anyway it was specked on my bike and was really hard to get off but WD-40 finally did the trick.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:47 PM

use carb cleaner . that stuff is amazing! just make sure you wipe it of quick and dont leave it to set or your paint will probably go by by. i use it on my under tail and swing arm also on my tire. no more chicken strips. lol

Quick Reply: HELP!! Can't clean bike