Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How.

Would you tell everyone, you love, you have ever cared about. That a drug has beaten you? I was off the pills for 4-5 days now. And then I just broke down and took some vicodin and tylenol codiene. And I have decided to tell my family that I have a problem. I don't know how I can tell them. It's embarassing. And how can they still respect or trust me. When I can't even respect or trust myself?

/rockbottom?

Old 11-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Default RE: How.

Well the biggest hurdle is out of the way. Whether you realize it or not, and that is admitting you have a problem without someone pointing it out to you set down with them and explain the situation. I have personally been off and on painkillers, probably more than anybody else around here and was always afraid of being hooked on them. But never fell victim to that problem, but you're on the right path. It takes a stronger person to admit they have a problem than it does to deny one exists. You'll need a real support group. Besides those of us floating in and out of the door HERE so take the proper steps and get the right help him. But if I can be of any personals use to you my duty hut door is always open

Just be straightforward and honest with your family they are going to be devastated and shocked but will support you it looks like you have got a good head on your shoulders a lot of guys at your age would be into a hell of a lot more than painkillers. And I'll say it one more time. You've made your intentions clear. Stick to the path and you will complete your task and be A stronger man for

Old 11-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh darlin' dont you be so down ..you are far from beaten ..no drug can beat the human spirit that wants to live and be well, this is a set back and you know what ..by telling them you will be helping yourself ..people are not as stupid as you may think, they understand ..we all understand rock bottom, we have been there too ... you will beat this, why?? ..simply because you want to, thats why ..so tell them and get their support ..then simply try agin ..you have no where to go 'cept up here !! :-)

Jules

Old 11-15-2008, 09:47 PM

I should have beaten it already. Not one bad thing happened. I have had one of the best weeks in months. I got my dream job, I met some cool new friends who are just awesome. I might buy my dream car that ive wanted since I was 13 years old on monday. I have no reason to be down and feel the "need" to take them.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: jdschmidt

I should have beaten it already. Not one bad thing happened. I have had one of the best weeks in months. I got my dream job, I met some cool new friends who are just awesome. I might buy my dream car that ive wanted since I was 13 years old on monday. I have no reason to be down and feel the "need" to take them.
So, you felt good about things and got complacent ..its no biggie, you took them and you can stop ... just try again ..it will be fine, but do tell the loved ones ..they may just surprise you :-)

Jules

Old 11-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Check your PM box, and let me publicly add this you're using a crutch to treat a symptom of a larger problem. Get a handle on that demon, and you'll be totally empowered. Do you understand what I'm saying

Old 11-15-2008, 09:56 PM

HC is right here, and it may not be obviously apparent just now but we tend to do things like this to hide bigger issues or problems, often something can be out of kilter and we just dont realise it or want to acknowledge it so we kinda do these daft things ...

Jules

Old 11-15-2008, 09:59 PM

I thought we went over this?

You sound like you have more excuses.

Like we said once before..

Quitting a habbit/addiction is not easy.. telling friends & family are not easy. But it has to be done (ive done it.) Its your family man.. thats what they are there for.

Talk to your Doctor and if you are having trouble serious LOOK INTO Narcotics Anonymous
they are people that have walked in your shoes.. a hundred times over. Its not a rehab, you can go on your spare time, & no one has to know... you also have a sponsor that can help u through ur lows (and highs)

Old 11-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Friend and Hero ...

His correct on this one you need to get some professional help. Regardless of the level of addiction. I have got quite a bit of history with youngsters abusing everything from alcohol, drugs and themselves. Plus a very small bit of professional training in the field of psychology.... Can't keep them up and fighting if you don't understand what motivates them or what they need to maintain a healthy mental perspective on life in general. But you truly need to seek out those who have experienced what you're going through a deal with the underlying problem don't treat the symptom. Western medicine in general is so geared to treating the symptom and not the cause with this. It's pathetic

Old 11-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The very fact of telling your family you have a problem proves to them that you can be trusted. Besides their your family, they will stick with even if you aren't. Its a big step to take, but it empowers you & them to help get over this problem.