Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Home Workout Versus Gym

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home Workout Versus Gym

okay this is a repost. We had this thread running for quite a while, but we have got a lot of new guys and girls. So throwing the question out there again. It Is no secret. I have a compulsive obsessive behavior disorder. [:@]when it comes to workouts, if I can't do a 3/2 split. I think the world will end I have been laid up quite a few times since 04 and every time I get into a steady routine something seems to happen. But that's way too much about me, let's hear what you prefer and what you can actually stick to. I find a structured work out in a gym, which up until recently, I did not have to pay for [:@]work best for me. Doing home workout always lead to too many distractions For me . So who does the home gym thing, versus a structured facility gym and does it work for you

Old 01-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Default RE: Home Workout Versus Gym

Gym. I figure. I pay $400 a year for a membership, I'll feel real bad wasting that much money if I don't go. Hey, I can now bench press my own weight after a year of steady working out vs me only doing like half my weight.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:07 PM

I go the the gym, everyday, twice sometimes. I also do the home thing. For me there both free oohrah, but I think the home is for resting, so your more likely to skip or get lazy with a home workout.

The best thing that works for me is going during lunch. Now once again i get two hours (gym for free and paid to work out gotta love the Corps) so its not the best for everyone. But if you schedule into something you have to do everyday anyway its probable the best way to go about it.

If nothing else fails find a partner who is super competitive, psych yourself self up, tell him he's weak and will never be better than you in 3 months and win or lose you both will have much more to lose by not going anymore.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:07 PM

Nothing beats the gym. You've got everything you need. However, with a home setup, you have convenience of the equipment being right there. I have a home gym set up in my garage, but I also have a full gym at work. My garage is great because I have the bare necessities. Moreover, my home workout is great when I'm not at work because it's 30 miles away. When I'm at work, I have it made though. There's everything I need. I consider myself quite fortunate to have that.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:10 PM

by the way hard corp just seen your banner, what Co were you with, im with 4th force here in hawaii now. When did you get out.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm into the second phase of P90X and when that is done, I'll be going back to the gym to really hit the weights again. I kinda like both.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: WONTnevaCATCHme

I go the the gym, everyday, twice sometimes. I also do the home thing. For me there both free oohrah, but I think the home is for resting, so your more likely to skip or get lazy with a home workout.

The best thing that works for me is going during lunch. Now once again i get two hours (gym for free and paid to work out gotta love the Corps) so its not the best for everyone. But if you schedule into something you have to do everyday anyway its probable the best way to go about it.

If nothing else fails find a partner who is super competitive, psych yourself self up, tell him he's weak and will never be better than you in 3 months and win or lose you both will have much more to lose by not going anymore.
Yes brother this is one of the things I miss the most about the Marine Corps I spent a little bit of time duty station at the gladiator factory MCAS Iwakuni over my 12 year career and became addicted that better be 03 MOS. How about a SITREP in the PM box. You've got a lot of brothers here, you just may not know Oohrah Semper Fi Devil Dog

Old 01-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: WONTnevaCATCHme

by the way hard corp just seen your banner, what Co were you with, im with 4th force here in hawaii now. When did you get out.
Started 0321 with3th Recon Iwakuni and was with 2nd force when she cased her flags in 04. I hear you guys are getting most of the work while SOB is just let's be politically correct honing their skills but that's just dutyhut chatter. Or maybe not if you get a chance just PM me. I'm in and out the door hear a lot working in the private sector be nice now brother we all stood in the yellow footprints of life

Old 01-04-2009, 11:26 PM

Oh ya, I like to work out at like 12am. Even went to the gym at 2am in the morning last week.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:29 PM

im not a fanatic but i do 100 push ups a day , and try to run a mile and 30 minutes on a stationary bike, we have a nice 1.5 mile nature trail right down the road from me, and i also have the gf set on my ankles for a good situp workout, but im still pretty big ha ha and always have been, but im quick, so i would say its got a lot to do with determination. just my 2cents,

Quick Reply: Home Workout Versus Gym