Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hit a bicyclist today...I mean...a bum..and he hit me

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
"Grow up son"...word G......ok gangster...

educate yourself then maybe I can understand your jargon you muppet

This "bicyclist" almost killed himself...and caused an accident with me in the process..you probably can't understand that though so run along little doggie

No ganster. Just a senior citizen who has figured out there are more important things in life than torn tennis shoes and scratched fairings, and knows that motorcycles are invisible.

As for 'can't understand', I've used the brakes and swerved a good many times in the past forty odd years as people turned left, moved into my lane on me, pulled out from driveways, passed into oncoming traffic - you name it. And each time, as well as being irritated and sometimes terrified, there's been the feeling of "Thank God we dodged the bullet."

It doesn't matter who was stupid behind the wheel or bars, both parties end up injured.

jp_greenville13 said it well: "Just be glad everyone is ok man and get on with your life ya know?"

Old 02-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
+1.

If you had hit him you would still be at fault even if he was j-walking

Ya sorry bud...I'm currently taking the bar so I think I know my state law

"(d) Unless otherwise directed by a pedestrian control signal as provided in section 28-646, a pedestrian facing a steady red signal alone shall not enter the roadway"

Old 02-04-2011, 12:47 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

glad your okay (and him).... i learned a long time ago (not on my bike) that when I see people on the side of the road I either get over or slow down... usually I do both, never know what stupidity is going to drive those people to do

Old 02-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So the speed limit on frontage roads with traffic control devices is 65 mph?

Asking because it sounds like you were speeding, which would be contributing to your near miss.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
So the speed limit on frontage roads with traffic control devices is 65 mph?

Asking because it sounds like you were speeding, which would be contributing to your near miss.
It's funny to read the differernt posts from who immediately blames me versus understands the situation

The speed limit was 55mph so as my approx speed of 65mph is within tolerance...Let me paint a picture

It is a 3 lane road...literally not one car behind me OR in front of me for a mile...one random guy on a bike at an intersection...I see him....I see him....last second.."doodadooo doo da doo oh I'll cross now..I'm hungary and theres burger king"...

me "This guy can't be serious, is he trying to die?" ....I literally react as fast as possible and look for the best path while manuvering the bike/brake and clutch...he FINALLY stops DEAD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD...I lean while manuvering and graze him...any more of a lean and it would have low sided plus my front brakes were grabbing to tight...

Again guys....sorry for being a bad driver...I apologize Poor guy....Hope he made it to burger king alright!

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 02-04-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
It's funny to read the differernt posts from who immediately blames me versus understands the situation

The speed limit was 55mph so as my approx speed of 65mph is within tolerance...Let me paint a picture

It is a 3 lane road...literally not one car behind me OR in front of me for a mile...one random guy on a bike at an intersection...I see him....I see him....last second.."doodadooo doo da doo oh I'll cross now..I'm hungary and theres burger king"...

me "This guy can't be serious, is he trying to die?" ....I literally react as fast as possible and look for the best path while manuvering the bike/brake and clutch...he FINALLY stops DEAD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD...I lean while manuvering and graze him...any more of a lean and it would have low sided pls my front brakes were grabbing to tight...

Again guys....sorry for being a bad driver...I apologize Poor guy....Hope he made it to burger king alright!
Congrats on taking the bar. Might want to look up speeding. +10mph is still over. Im not saying i dont normally do 10-15mph over but its still speeding. Your story doesnt really make sense to me.

It is a 3 lane road...literally not one car behind me OR in front of me for a mile...
He should have stood out then and you should have prep'd or slowed down even if you did have the right away.

I lean while manuvering and graze him
Even and 10mph this would have thrown him off of his bike. So if it was fast enough to rip your shoe im sure he was thrown for a ride.

any more of a lean and it would have low sided
If your lean was that intense you would have been cornering and most likely would have crashed if it was straight road.

Lastly

doodadooo doo da doo oh
I think this is what may have been going through your brain and then you saw him.

Not flaming you im just saying that a sight distance needs to be kept for dangers. You got off lucky this time but next time it may be a car making a right infront of you and "YOUR" right of way may be violated and get you killed.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:53 PM

Your funny...

like I said, sorry for being a bad driver

NO need to argue anymore!!

Old 02-04-2011, 02:07 PM

Noober. Dude you don't always need to have the last word in something. Stop taking subtle shots at everyone who disagrees with you.

This isn't the first time this has happened.

Grow the **** up or GTFO!

Old 02-04-2011, 02:07 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Old 02-04-2011, 02:24 PM

^^^yup

Quick Reply: Hit a bicyclist today...I mean...a bum..and he hit me