Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hit a bicyclist today...I mean...a bum..and he hit me

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit a bicyclist today...I mean...a bum..and he hit me

So ya wtf!?!!! I'm cruising along at about 60mph on a frontage road next to a highway at 7pm tonight, and as I am approaching an intersection I notice this Bum get on his pedals and start to make his way across the far intersection....Now I don't know if he didn't see my blinding 8k HID or if it indeed blinded him or C. He's a bum...but I literally grabbed some brake and swerved as he saw me at the last second. He put his feet down to stop and as I grabbed some brake, I felt the fronts grabbing a bit too much and I didn't want to endo/lock em up so I released and pumped again and pulled the clutch in (I'm in 6th gear) and as I swirve, my left shifter foot smacks "something" which I assume was his pedal going about 25mph...I JUST made it around him although grazing him and his pedal which ripped a hole in my brand new NIKE!! Bastard! More than anything I was praying that he didnt scrape my fairing or stator cover or jolt/bend my shifter. I pulled over when I could and checked everything out and it seems he just got my Nike

Close call...last time I ever give a bum money...they all owe me $89.99 now...

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 02-03-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:45 PM

This post saddens me...
and not for the loss of yours dear nikes

Old 02-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where are ya ridin boots boy?

Old 02-03-2011, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
This post saddens me...
and not for the loss of yours dear nikes

+1..............but maybe they were high tops!....you know for ankle protection on the sportbikes!

Old 02-03-2011, 10:20 PM

Ok let me rephrase..I don't think he was an actual bum...I'm not being morbid...I understand homelessness and its no joke so don't take it the wrong way...the guy was just a dumbshi^ who probably stole some little girls bike...don't let those people kid you...I think I was saying bum bc I was...and still am pissed!

I have NO SYMPATHY for stupid people who cause accidents and others harm due to negligence and pure LAZINESS...FOLLOW THE LAW...DO NOT CROSS WHEN THE LIGHT TELLS YOU NOT TO...AGAIN.......FOLLOW THE LAW...."these" type of people make society unsafe and if it was a mom in a minivan with her kids or a baby slamming on the brakes bc some dumbShi^ is not paying attention and crossing when s hes not supposed to, that minivan with the baby is getting in an accident. Swirve and hit a wall? Who knows. Point is, I am pro-euthanize for a specific "breed" of people ; )

Ya boots are nice...I usually wear what feels the most comfortable shifting in..and my NIKEs do just that

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 02-03-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about yer Nikes man... at least you didn't scratch yer bike.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:39 PM

You gotta take it with a grain of salt brother. He didn't see you. It happens. Get used to it. It sounds like you might not have seen him either.

Regardless neither of those matter. What's important is the fact the you were both ok and you were able to walk away from it a little more educated.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by meggers
Sorry about yer Nikes man... at least you didn't scratch yer bike.
Thanks Megs-Ya I was like wtf, that did not just happen, I looked back and he just pedaled on..If he would have scraped my fairing or damaged my shifter...I would have turned back and it wouldnt'a been pretty...I don't have patience for chit like this..I mean if I woulda freaked and grabbed too much brake etc..., I would have gone over the handlebars

Edit-Ya Jp, I definitely am more educated from this...I've learned that I give people more credit than they deserve. I'm in the mindset that people are more socially functional than they really are...I understand mistakes happen and maybe he didnt see me, but this was a case of pure laziness and a lack of common sense and disregard for the law. I guess you need to live where I do to understand it...these people are everywhere...

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 02-03-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:52 PM

I understand it man. Like you said, these people are everywhere. Just glad ur alright

Old 02-03-2011, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
I understand it man. Like you said, these people are everywhere. Just glad ur alright
Thanks brosif

Quick Reply: Hit a bicyclist today...I mean...a bum..and he hit me