Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

history of your riding life

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: history of your riding life

I starting riding last year. I have always wanted a CBR for some reason. A lot of kids had them in my hometown growing up and I just always wanted one. Last year I went looking for a used one and couldn't find any in my area. My wife was nice enough to let me get a '05 600RR and I love it. I took the MSF class before riding it and have very slowly worked up my skills on it. I still aren't that great but I do ok. I am a new dad and career firefighter so I don't have a lot of time on my hands. Hopefully this summer I will get out more.

Old 01-30-2006, 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: 1998f3

I bet that I have the shortest---- I'v only been riding my dad's KTM 300 EXC for a couple of month, and about 4 months ago he sold it and got a 400. Ive anly been on that a couple times. In Aug, I bought 98 F3 and have rode that for a couple of hours, but that bike is so comfortable and I will sign up for the MSF classes in Feb here in Ohio. I cant wait untill this summer to put some serious miles on this bike!!!

Not far behind ya!
April 05 got my first bike, it was a 500 Ninja. Only time before that I had been on a bike was on the back of my Dads when I was little. Just upgraded to the 1000 in December.

Old 01-30-2006, 06:19 PM

For streetbikes, I had a 250 Ninja, then I got my F4i...both were 2004 models. I've ridden a moped, a goped and a quad before...that's really it besides being a passenger.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:13 PM

Geez....so much experience before owning your first bikes. For me all i had was a couple of times on my friends 4-wheeler. Other than that, i didnt have any other riding till i bought my 05 f4i in october. It was great to ride for all of a month before cold and snow. Cant wait till march/april to get here.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:07 PM

I started riding dirtbikes when i was 5yrs old in 1990, had a z-50, then got a Kawisaki KD-80, then had a Dr 125, then when i was 11 or 12 got a Kawaski kx80- this bike is where i started revolving my life around motorcycles, started racing hare scrambles and a few MX's on it then outgrew it. when i was 14 i got a 2000 yz125 and 2000 yz 250 continued racing mx and woods, when i was about 16 or so i kinda got out of racing and into Pitbikes, i bought a 2000 xr 70 and later bought a 03 xr 50 which i modded out to a 88cc with good suspension and many other parts, my freinds and i pracitally gave up big bikes for the pitbikes, raced them, stunted them, hit bmx trails rode them every day and had a blast. in 2004 I sold the pitbikes and my yz's and bought a new crf 450, in june of 2005 i had a horrible accident at the mx track.. i overshot a 120ft tripple and when i landed had way to much speed and went off the track into the woods, had to get life flighted, Broke my Femur, my left fore arm, 4 ribs, my collar bone, had a punctured lung, spent a week in intensive care. After about 3 months and i was walking again... a few of my friends had got into Streetbikes, and one let me ride his r6... I Got a ton of money from my AFLAC insurance... so I went out and bought an 02 cbr f4i in september of 2005. rode my cbr till the snow flew along with the mx bike a few more times ( i aint scared!) in december of 05 i bought a 2006 Crf50 which i've began to put some suspension, but im keeping the motor stock so i can run the Stock class. and Just last week i bought a 2005 Crf 250f. I'm either going to sell my 450... or Possibly make it a motard bike. soo i have 4 hondas sitting out in my garage. and a healthy addiction to TWO WHEELS! that's prettymuch my story.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:09 PM

I rode 3 wheelers and dirt bikes when I was younger and my first bike purchase was an '88 Kawi Ninja 250. Rode that for about a year and moved up to an '86 Honda VFR 700. Bought the bike with 4000 miles on it and put almost 30,000 miles on it in 2 yrs. Didn't ride much after that for about 10 years because I got back into showing horses pretty heavily. Bought the '02 F4i last spring and have put about 5k on so far. Oh, I raced motocross as well for a couple of years too....

Old 01-30-2006, 09:14 PM

Lets see, my wife surprised me with a class one day for fathers day and i was just curious what it was and then i read....... it was the msf course starting in th month of august, what a trip, i didnt realize of riding and didnt care much whether i did or not but at that momen ti was really surprised, then after i complered that course she went out searching for a bike and picked up an old school kawi 900gpz ninja, i was like dang, i think this bike is a little too big in power for me, but hey she bought it for 800$ cant complain there. Rode it rain or shine for i think four months and put about 3500 miles on it, then sold it and kicked back for a couple of months, paid of my car and went to the honda dealership with the wife and kids. I wanted a cruser at the time and was looking at the shadow or was it something higher than that well anyway i was sitting and the wife said that i looked ugly on this bike, then i said dang so which one do you think we should get and she pointed out the 2005cbr 1000 the red one, she liked and i liked but still trippin out that she said i looked ugly on the other bike, well i said okay that kool but she gave me an ultimatum and it was too keep this bike till my son turns 15 so he can start off with this bike i said sure hell yeah with a big smile........that same day i rode off with it still smiling....... i bought it in march and now it has almost 8500 miles on it..........whooooooooo long story. sorry guys.........thought i'd put in some info........

Old 01-30-2006, 09:18 PM

oh yeah, almost forgot... when i was 13 i bought a old *** Motri minarelli (italian) moped, it was a basket case, got it runing and all.. got it plated, and that's when i Started tearing up the streets! a few of my other friends had mopeds... mine was allways the fastest! it'd do 45 mph when all the others would hardley pull 40.. i almost NEVER had to pedal it!

Also, First night i got my crotch rocket, i went out.. and i had 15 years of motorcycle experience under my belt, and I was still a Nervous nancy on it! The handeling characteristics were so different than anything else i'd ridden! but after a week i was used to it and after two weeks i had 2nd and 3rd gear wheelies down.... but remember i've been wheeling motorcycles 3/4 of my life... it's the same concept just bigger motorcycle and Much faster speeds!

Old 01-31-2006, 01:08 AM
Retired Admin

Hmmmmmm past bikes? Ok.....

1980 CB 550
198? GPZ 750
1987 Honda Interceptor 500
1989 Ninja 750R
1992 ZX11
2000 CBR F4 (current ride)

Liked them all when I had them....but isn't that how it always goes? lol Had about 7 different dirt bikes and three wheelers during that time as well. But my favorite is my current ride! Don't think I will ever leave honda again! Just lovin' it!

Old 01-31-2006, 02:57 AM

suzuki 50 when i was 5 in the 80s
1983 honda xr 75
1988 honda cr80 bored and stroked would keep up if not beat most stock 125s
1990 honda cr125
1990 comeandsuckme ex 500 a slow bike but i liked it, hey it was my fat chick
1999 cbr f4

Quick Reply: history of your riding life