Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hey everyone, Id greatly appreciate any help on this.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey everyone, Id greatly appreciate any help on this.

Seeing how this is the off topic section, I felt that this thread is appropriate. Im warning you ahead of time that this "read" is a long one BUT I wouldn't be typing it if I wasn't sincere about my convictions.

For years now Ive been in and out of bands trying my hardest to "make it". Every time I get into a band where things start getting good, I find myself being the only member who is truly serious about making music my career. Next thing I know, Im looking for a new band because the last one broke up or I quit due to the other members being lazy asses ha ha. Although I still remain friends with most of them.

The band I am in now is a band that I started about 2 years ago and I can honestly say that we are a great group of guys who are all on the same page. YES !!! FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE BUSTING MY *** TO "MAKE IT" ha ha ha. Through this time I have met many people in the industry and have learned what "they" look for in bands. Yeah, everyone in the world knows the basic #1 thing record labels look for which is , "is the band actually talented" . That statement is somewhat true, even though it kills me to know that there are MANY ****ty bands out there that dont deserve the recognition for being "talented". The #1 thing labels look for now a days is NUMBERS. How many "friends" does a band have, How many "plays" does a band have, How many "views" does a band have, and yes even the stupid how many "likes" does the band have.

As of recent I found out what the two main things labels look for as far as numbers goes. Facebook "likes" and Youtube "views". I spoke with an acquaintance of mine who works heavily in the music industry about my band. He told me that my bands "numbers" are not high enough yet to even be considered. He continued telling me that my band is talented and our sound is definitely something they like, but we need to grow our online fan base. Seeing how we live in a cyber world I can see where's he's coming from. I mean come on, when was the last time you actually bought a physical cd from the store ? Most people now a days buy there music from Itunes or just steal it off an online download site. He concluded with , "if you guys get your numbers up I can have something concrete to pitch to the rest of the label's executives ".

With all that said, Im asking of a HUGE solid from the whole CBR community. PLEASE GO TO OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND/OR YOUTUBE PAGE AND ADD US, LIKE US, SUBSCRIBE, FAVORITE, AND SHARE US WITH YOUR FRIENDS !!!! PLEASE !!!

This has been a lifelong dream of mine and my band mates. Imagine if your dream was to be a professional moto gp rider and get paid for what you love doing, but you had to have so many "likes/views" before the factory honda team signed you. Ha Ha Ha, I know it sounds stupid/funny but thats the reality of the music biz as far as my situation goes.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my plea. I cant put into words how much it would mean to me and the band if you were able to help us out with this favor.

If you find this post stupid and/or "gay", sorry, but Im doing everything in my power to achieve my ultimate goal in life.

Have a great week everyone. Ride safe and have fun. I finally got my F3 up and running in great condition and I plan on posting new pics of it in the appropriate thread

A Piece Of The Action | Facebook

APOTABAND's Channel - YouTube

Old 10-04-2011, 01:01 PM

I can't view either at work, but I'll check it out when I get home tonight. What kind of music is it? What's your genre and your target audience? Are you on Reverb Nation? There are a lot of places these days to get your name out and push for traffic, it's just a matter of marketing. Got a web page?

Old 10-05-2011, 03:05 AM

Thanks. I REALLY appreciate it. We're a metal band. As far as our targeted market its the killswitch engage, lamb of god, 36 crazyfists type of crowds. Between the ages of 18-30 is what we see at our shows. Once in a while we'll see someone who is older and knows their stuff about music, those fans are always cool to chat with. Our Reverb page is:
http://www.reverbnation.com/apieceoftheaction

We have been working hard at it by posting things on different music forums/websites, hand to hand fliers, and really working at dominating the internet.
We dont have our official website up yet, but its being designed as we speak.