Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

here's something to debate

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default here's something to debate

dont know what state.......but in the news yesterday they were discussing inappropriate pics being txt'd back and forth among some middleschool kids. they were sending pics to one anothers phones of their body parts (didnt really get into whether it was consentual). the kids were around 14yrs old.

as punishment, the kids are charged w/ a felony sex crime. they are being put on the sex offenders list for this.

do you think some 14yr olds should be put on a sex offenders list for sending pics of their body parts to another student in the school? being put on that list will negatively affect them for the rest of their lives. the debate on the radio was that "it could be early signs of future behavior, therefor they need to be put on the sex offenders list".

Old 01-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: here's something to debate

I think it is the new 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours', but considering how your kid can't take aspirin to school because of Zero tolerance drug lawsnothing surprises me.

But a felony for that? have the little perverts clean the chalkboards for a week, that'll teach them.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:42 PM

a teacher called in saying a student in HER sophmore class had exposed himself to the entire class.......his punishment....he was simply banned from every school in that county. he has to attend school outside the county he lives in now.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tats a bit much

Old 01-18-2008, 04:54 PM

Don't streak in MI. You'll be on the list for that, too. Those 14 year olds are just kids. If they'd done something more serious, I'd think otherwise... but come on.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:55 PM

Another reason why Japan has more literate students than the US.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Registered Users

haha...a debate....excellent...[8D]...j/k....

in my opinion i think that is absolutely insane....there's a reason why we consider minors, minors....for example, they can't enter in contracts because as minors, we say they can't appreciate the gravity of the situation....likewise the reason most minors are tried as such...because before a certain age (as determined by law), we acknowledge that kids just don't have the mental composition to truly recognize what they are doing...this isn't to say they didn't understand sending the pics...but rather the consequences of doing it in the way they did....and how the law might interpret their actions...we expect adults to understand these consequences (although that is a stretch for some adults)....

in my opinion...the law and people are sometimes contradictory (i know, i know, big shock)....in that we concede that kids cannot appreciate the gravity of many situations, yet we try to pin future behavior on them based upon the things we say they can't understand....

i think it's dumb to make them a sex offender....watch them...yeah...probably a good idea...but to ruin their future is just reckless..more reckless than the kids in my opinion....i think we need to step back sometimes and remember what it was like to be a kid and not understand what you were doing....it may give insight into our future selves, but it's by no means a perfect indicator...and to treat as such is irresponsible on the part of the adults who, according to the law, should understand the gravity of what they are doing...

Old 01-18-2008, 04:59 PM

i would almost bet they have no idea what the sex offenders list even is at their age.....and now they'll be placed on it!

oh, Nauree......guinee pig, go see "cloverfield".....its your job! get back to my thread w/ a review, haha.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad they werent like this when I was in school lol

Old 01-18-2008, 05:33 PM

Idiots......dumbest thing Ive heard i a while.

I might be alone here tell me if I am but........has noone else had thier girlfriend send you dirty pics of her? Ive had alot of girls send me good pics and I sure as hell am not a sex offender (and yes these girls were all my age lol)

Quick Reply: here's something to debate