Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!

Hey how would i know if i broke somethin in my hand i can move it pretty good but it has been swollen up for about 2 weeks now and still hurts like a bi***, its fine as long as i dont twist it and i dont move it real fast. i mean i rode waverunners for a couple of days(prolly a stupid move) and after that i couldnt move it at all barely. i did it when i wrecked my bike. well thx for any help didnt know if there was and EMS here or somethin. well if there is pm me or somethin and ill give ya more info. id go to the hospital but i dunno if state farm will cover it since the claim is already done, but no one has to tell me i need to go i know i do just tryin to find out somethin.

Old 08-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HELP!!!!

yeah, anytime you cant move something for an extended period of time, its prolly a good idea to go to the hosp. i fractured my pinky knuckle and they put a splint on it, but it was just held in place by an ace bandage. but if you cracked it real good youll prolly get a real cast. go get that checked out man. good luck.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:02 PM

You would know by going to a doctor and getting an x-ray. I have broken a ton of stuff (knee and toe/foot this year alone) and always "knew" it was broken. But it needs to be confirmed by a doc so you can get a cast/splint/wrap etc. Otherwise it won't heal right. And believe me I don'y like docs but they are necessary.

Old 08-18-2006, 05:23 AM

Yea, the doc is about the only way to know for sure. UNLESS!!!!!!!!!! you have a compound fracture. Which means the bone is sticking out of the skin Than you would automatically know its broken.

Old 08-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude there are that many bones in your hand you need to get it seen to ASAP, the up side is that in about 5 years you'll know when it's going to rain.