Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Helmet or No Helmet???

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jackalo626
^^^ Yeah thats fine because not one of those 700 people can hit you in such a short distance LOL! Everyone that doesn't want to wear your helmets DON'T WEAR THEM! It is a little thing called thinning the heard. I would love to live in the fantasy world where people don't get hurt from crashing. Please DO WEAR A CONDOM.
hahahaa

Old 04-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mo has a law in place, but they've been trying to get it amended to 21+ being optional.

Honestly, I think that you should be able to do what you want, Darwin will sort it out. And if you're not wearing one when you splat, I hope that insurance denies you benefits. No need to make the industry rate go up to compensate for the fact that you over consumed benefits.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:39 PM

TX has one were it is optional if 1. you have the MSF course 2. carry a butt load of insurance 3. you are supposed to have a permit for it but who will pay for that?

As a good friend of mine who is a MSF safty instructor once said - "there are two kind of bikers out there, those that have been down and those that are going down."

I have been in two wrecks, one due to a guy not paying attention and he ran me off the road I landed on the back side of my head and back, the other in a hair pin curve (thanks NY for the stupid sand/salt in april!!!) where I low sided and the road removed my visor from a full face helmet. I can't imagine what that would have been like if I wasn't wearing my gear.

What makes me laugh are the guys who wear helmets and nothing else but tank top, shorts and flip flops. Or they wear the helmet but make their girl go with out.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:29 PM

Texas - Semi helmet law. I think you have to have some kind of insurance to not where a helmet and you have some kind of tag you put on your plate. I don't know honestly.

I wear my helmet all the time. Sometimes I don't wear my jacket.. like going to lunch because I don't like to be all sweaty coming back. But if I'm going to more than just wendy's (2 blocks away) I gear up completely.

Plus man.. Helmets look sweet. I think that's part of doing the sportbike thing. Wearing the gear just makes you look that much cooler.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:19 PM

We have the helmet law in CA, and I'm glad we do. I agree with everyone who says "always wear your lid".
I haven't gone down yet, and I hope I don't, but I'll have my lid on if I do.
My boyfriend crashed pretty bad a couple of years ago. A car turned left in front of him and he hit the back of the car and went flying over it and landed on his face. Shattered both wrists, his helmet visor shattered and cut up his nose (almost cut half of it off) and chewed up his eyelid pretty badly too. Besides the minimal damage the helmet actually did do, it really saved his life. If he hadn't been wearing his helmet, he would have been DRT (dead right there). Every time I see him and the scars he has, I'm glad for the helmet law.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:06 AM

I can't believe this question even had to be asked! Maybe he was just throwing it out there. But to me this is a NO-BRAINER for many reasons and many have been noted in this thread.
But why would anyone want to take the chance? Your wide open with NO protection to begin with. You got People on cell phones while driving and not really paying attention to anything else. There are new drivers on the road everyday. Rocks and dirt and s..t in the road. Big trucks throwing s..t around. Birds jumping out at you when going by. And worst of all...BEETLE BUGS! Ever get hit with a huge beetle bug in the forehead?? Tell you what, I just about got taking off by one! Oh did that hurt . For that reason by itself I'll never go without again!
Wear the Helmet and anything else you got. It's bad enough you could get T-Boned and lose a leg, but why mess up your head and face and have to look at it the rest of your life right?

Old 04-23-2009, 08:43 AM

Exactly Classic - You got it!

Old 04-24-2009, 11:42 AM

My lid is always on. Even when I'm not riding the bike. People laugh when they see me driving my car like that, but at least I'm safe.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:08 AM

If you would consider not wearing a helmet there's probably nothing in your head to protect anyway.

Quick Reply: Helmet or No Helmet???