Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Helmet Laws

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008 | 03:28 PM
Default RE: Helmet Laws

All provinces and territories in Canada have manditory helmet laws.

Old 12-26-2008 | 04:23 PM

Dont wear your helmet and look like this guy...

NSFW

OK OK, ITS SFW

Old 12-26-2008 | 04:42 PM

I think it's complete bs that any place requires it by law. I also think you have no brain in your head if you don't.

Old 12-26-2008 | 04:43 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: aj_jensen73
I just want to hear about if you had a choice to wear or not to wear a helmet which one would it be and why?

It messes up my hair.

I*ve ridden with some who chose not to put a lid on the noggin and the above was the lamest excuse I heard thus far .. will keep you posted if I hear a better one.

Old 12-26-2008 | 04:59 PM

Natural Selection to me. You can't fix stupid, and theres no shortage of it nowadays. I personally wouldn't have a problem with a 50 state helmet law, I wear a helmet on anything and everything I ride, I just can't imagine riding without one. Get a high-speed bug in your eye, wind-beat, and above all, my head cracking along the road are all things I don't want to experience. I wiped out on a mountain bike on a trail doing, ooooh maybe 10mph tops, and I spilled it, hit my head and it really screwed me up. Had a headache for days, white spots and swirlies for the first day or so, I was wearing a bicycle helmet, and it saved me from having my head split open/stitched probably, but still knocked the **** outta my noggin.

Old 12-26-2008 | 05:38 PM

I accept that riding is inherently risky,but take certain steps to control that risk: full gear, never drink and ride, don't go too nuts on public roads .

Keep this in mind, though: By riding at all, we're taking a risk that, to a lot of people, looks just as crazy as riding helmetless might look to most of us. There are plenty of people who wouldn't mind banning bikes entirely. Where do you draw the line on the government preventing adults from deciding for themselves how to live and maybe die?

Old 12-26-2008 | 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Munson

I accept that riding is inherently risky,but take certain steps to control that risk: full gear, never drink and ride, don't go too nuts on public roads .

Keep this in mind, though: By riding at all, we're taking a risk that, to a lot of people, looks just as crazy as riding helmetless might look to most of us. There are plenty of people who wouldn't mind banning bikes entirely. Where do you draw the line on the government preventing adults from deciding for themselves how to live and maybe die?
No good enough, helmet laws FTW (again).

Old 12-26-2008 | 06:33 PM
|

so far I have loved what everyone has to say. Before my accident I wore a helmet because it was law and it is what I was used to doing ever since I started riding and now after my accident that not only fractured my skull 4 times but broke both hips, broke pelvic bone and shoulder blade but even though my jaw bone ended up breaking from the helmet strap it was easier recovering from a broken jaw and a fractured skull then it would have been missing half my brain, I wouldnt ride without my gear.

Quick Reply: Helmet Laws