Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Helmet Headsets

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet Headsets

Alright so I am looking for the best headset to get.

Ideally the three things I would love for it to be able to do:

1. Connect via bluetooth to my iphone so I can make and receive calls.
2. Be able to play music from the iphone (preferred) or other source of music
3. Talk to passenger with a second set. (And it would be awesome if the passenger could listen to the same music that I am, but not my phone calls hehe)

Doubtful I can get all these features, but if people can point me in a good direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very pleased with my CARDO SCALA RIDER. It's a bluetooth unit so wireless to passenger and phone. Your #3 I'm not sure on. Lots of product reviews out by now so maybe someone can answer that question.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:22 PM

yea i have a friend who recommended me the scalda, just wanted to look around some more.

he said he paid like 300 for a two set at a retail store. do you know a cheap place to get them? or what a good price for two would be?

Old 09-15-2010, 08:26 PM

ebay?

Old 09-15-2010, 10:26 PM

sena SMH-10 bluetooth music has a jog dial for volume song skipping can do up to 4 communicators with fellow riders i love it great headset very clear speakers for the helmet has a aux port for ipod or whatever mic is nice and cuts down wind noise sounds just like your talkin on your phone normally at 60 mph on a highway i even did a conference call for my job while i was supposed to be at work with it on the bike (hehe) no one suspected anything.. saw them for 270 or so for a dual set on ebay, ive never seen one where a fellow rider could listen to the same music as you unless your iphone can hook up to 2 or more devices with blutooth at the same time. but yea smh-10 great headset

Last edited by stretch_the_apex; 09-15-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SCALA G4's are what you are looking for. These you can listen to the passengers ipod and the passenger can listen to your ipod, (why I don't know). You can also talk to other G4 riders up to 1.5 miles.

Ride Safe....

Old 09-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought a Scala Rider Teamset Pro for $159.95. The online place I ordered it from was about $100 less than some other popular discount sites, so I was a bit skeptical. However, the package was sitting on my front porch 3 days later. I did not request any expedited delivery and shipping was free. Motorcycle Superstore, which boasts the "guaranteed lowest prices" and claims they will price match anyone else, said they would not do so in this case because the price was less than what it cost them.

Anyway, the Teamset Pro comes with two headset communicators. It is meant for the operator and a passenger, not to communicate with two different bikes. It will communicate with other Bluetooth devices (cell phone, GPS nav, the other rider's headset). If you have mp3 players each rider can plug one into their headset and listen to music without disturbing the other person. My wife and I have different music tastes so that was important. You can make or receive cell phone calls via VOX or a touch of a button on the side of the unit. It has auto volume control that will increase the sound as the surrounding environment noise level increases (wind, etc.)

I charged both units last night (just got it yesterday) but we haven't had a chance to test the system on a ride yet. Reviews by other Teamset Pro owners are mostly positive. PM me if anyone wants the contact info for the place I bought mine from since they are not a site sponsor here.