Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wearable Headsets/earphones ?!?!?!?!!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 01:17 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wearable Headsets/earphones ?!?!?!?!!?

I suggest trying to get a system in your helmet. I think it would be worth it...isn't there a sponser on this forum? I can't even get those F@#CKINGear buds to fit without a helmet. They suck under any circumstance! I guess you have to be very careful while puting on your helmet, but that doesn't help the soreness after like thirty minutes.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:25 AM

I'm thinking of getting something like this:

http://www.bikeintercom.com/products..._speakers.html

Would be nice to just have them there, I don't have multiple helmets so this would be good for me. If you have more then one for some reason then you might need to find some semi-perminate ones.

MDFF

Old 01-09-2007, 01:38 AM

you might wanna try something lik ei did: get a reagular set of earphone like the ones from the late ninties (the head band lookin type lol sorry i would post pics if i knew how but im kinda computer illetrate when it comes to that) and seperate the earphone piece from the stalks. remove the cheekpad liner from inside your helmet and CAREFULLY cut a tiny slot in the backside of the pads and slip the headphone into it. if you dont mind the complicated desing its a really cheap fix and it works cause what i did in order to avoid ripping the headphones out of the pads i cut the wires and soldered in a quick disconnet type thingy (i know im so technical lol) to the two ends so all i have to do when i take my helmet off is disconnet the wires and pop my helmet off and thats my .02 cents lol

Old 01-09-2007, 01:39 AM

ORIGINAL: compulady5

Hmm, I'm flustered over the whole mp3 dilemma. I've gone through 5 pairs at least of different kinds of earpieces, from buds with different length stalks to the ones that fit around your ears with no luck. All hurt like hell after wearing about 45 mins with the helmet. I'm sure most of the pain comes from helmet shift in the wind/speed. I was stuck on the hwy for 2 hours and ready to blow my head off yesterday....

So tell me how you overcame this problem!

Anyone have a solution?

HELP!
you need ear pieces that go inside your ear (shown in pic) only use one side when riding - they cut off almost 90% of your hearing around you (with helmet it's almost 100%)so going with one ear will give you 50% hearing and i like to use my right ear to hear for traffic and sounds..Use the buds from the earpiece. If you got wide ears then use the oval shape. If you got normal then go for the OEM ones.

If you never used earpieces before (with or without buds on the ends) it's going to take some time to get used to it.. I remember the ache and pain from wearing earpieces for 30 minutes (PSP was worse.. 20 minutes and they would make my ears burn) but just like a piercing or anything new modifed on your body will take time to re-adjust to the new aspect.. but in a couple of days of having them in your ear for at least 30 minutes or so - it will become second nature and you will ignore the feeling of pain.. I listen to music on my head-phones about 3 hours a day now and my ears never feel discomforted from it (with helmet or w/o)

just bare with it girl - you will make it =)

[IMG]local://upfiles/4526/E4E187204F3149DEB3209061C84C5386.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-09-2007, 01:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.helmetaudio.com

Old 01-09-2007, 01:58 AM

not a problem and iknow that its not the best idea but its a start lol

Old 01-09-2007, 01:58 AM

Hondadriver- sounds like a great idea, but too much work for me! Maybe someone else can find the information useful..
yes, I may try it.

Quick Reply: Wearable Headsets/earphones ?!?!?!?!!?