Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Helmet Etiquette

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013 | 04:58 PM

I carry mine all the time. Meh who cares what people think

Old 04-09-2013 | 05:17 PM

I usually just lock mine to the bike. I very rarely use my bike for anything other than recreation though so extended trips arent frequent. If I ride it to work ill take it with me if I have a clean place to put it (construction electrician) but if I can park the bike away somewhere on the job site I don't mind leaving the helmet out. I have a habit of wearing it into gas stations though, that gets me weird looks and sometimes nervous cashiers.

Old 04-09-2013 | 05:21 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM

Originally Posted by Kevwa451
I usually just lock mine to the bike. I very rarely use my bike for anything other than recreation though so extended trips arent frequent. If I ride it to work ill take it with me if I have a clean place to put it (construction electrician) but if I can park the bike away somewhere on the job site I don't mind leaving the helmet out. I have a habit of wearing it into gas stations though, that gets me weird looks and sometimes nervous cashiers.
I wore mine into a bank to use a pen the other day. Pretty much got the same reaction. LOL

Old 04-09-2013 | 06:28 PM
|

Originally Posted by 74demon
I wore mine into a bank to use a pen the other day. Pretty much got the same reaction. LOL
Haha, I stopped in a parking lot once to put on my mask/neck warmer on over the winter. As soon as I went to put my mask on I realized I had pulled into a bank, people were definitely looking at me like I was crazy then.

Old 04-09-2013 | 07:54 PM

Going to dinner on my f4i, I locked it on the bike. Never worried about my lid cause I usually parked my bike where I could see it while inside (fast food), on the sidewalk very close to the door (Chili's, Longhorn) or valet parked (upscale dining).

Yes, I valet my bike. Pay the fee and park it myself right next to the high end cars they leave upfront

Old 04-09-2013 | 07:59 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

If I have cases on the bike I lock it inside - otherwise always bring it inside never a second thought in doing so either. Kind of the Blues Brothers in the Dining room routine

Old 04-09-2013 | 08:07 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

I carry it with me. There are a few spiteful jerks running loose in the world who will cut the strap and take it, even if that makes it no longer useful.

Old 04-11-2013 | 01:51 PM

I do remove it before going into banks , other than that I'm carrying it or wearing it. As many others have said the price of replacement and trouble of getting getting home are not worth it. Carry it or throw it into a backpack.

Old 04-11-2013 | 04:30 PM

Keep it with me at all times. I picked up the Shoei RF1100 matte black...pretty penny for the helmet and tinted visor. It goes where I go. Last year I went on a bmx ride and some little punk tried to steal my brothers bmx bike from me while I was getting a drink inside a gasstation. It was leaning up against the window and the place was packed that kids face met pavement hard (he was fat and tried to ride away from me...I am in shape and played varsity hockey and lacrosse) never seen someone face slide like that on pavement haha...anyways, I dont trust anyone.

Old 04-11-2013 | 06:45 PM
Senior Member and ROTM March 2014

Originally Posted by wisco
Keep it with me at all times. I picked up the Shoei RF1100 matte black...pretty penny for the helmet and tinted visor. It goes where I go. Last year I went on a bmx ride and some little punk tried to steal my brothers bmx bike from me while I was getting a drink inside a gasstation. It was leaning up against the window and the place was packed that kids face met pavement hard (he was fat and tried to ride away from me...I am in shape and played varsity hockey and lacrosse) never seen someone face slide like that on pavement haha...anyways, I dont trust anyone.
I must admit I like to see a thief take a nice pratfall. Cleanly removes all my desire to feel compassion for a man when he's doing something evil and hurts himself.

Quick Reply: Helmet Etiquette