Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Health Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Healthy is Fit and Strong
not so, eating healthy does not make you strong, exercise makes you strong.
fit as in athletically fit, does not also equal strong, take a long distance runner, they have lots of type 1 (slow) twitch muscle groups. this helps them with their distances, type 2 (fast) are found in people who generally do explosive sprints/ weights/ strength, these type of people have ''strength'' in the more understandable way.

so i stand by everything i said, along with thousands of books and general learning of sports coaches.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by elevensies
not so, eating healthy does not make you strong, exercise makes you strong.
fit as in athletically fit, does not also equal strong, take a long distance runner, they have lots of type 1 (slow) twitch muscle groups. this helps them with their distances, type 2 (fast) are found in people who generally do explosive sprints/ weights/ strength, these type of people have ''strength'' in the more understandable way.

so i stand by everything i said, along with thousands of books and general learning of sports coaches.
Way to be combative and miscontsrue the point of what I was saying.

But if you want to talk about muscle fibers what you described for explosive movements are actually type 2B muscle fibers, extremely fast anaerobic type which can sustain energy for less than 1 minute.

That's also generally referred to as "power" not "strength"

there are differences between Power, Strength and Hypertrophy (muscle growth) and different lifting techniques can stimulate different aspects.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:01 PM

yes, all very true,
i was trying to generalise rather than be specific as you have been, as the original poster seemed not to fully understand quite what he was doing with his diet ect.

yes i would love to talk muscle, and any associated topic, in a non homophobic way naturally.

what form of training do you do nate?

mark

Old 09-14-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by elevensies
yes, all very true,
i was trying to generalise rather than be specific as you have been, as the original poster seemed not to fully understand quite what he was doing with his diet ect.

yes i would love to talk muscle, and any associated topic, in a non homophobic way naturally.

what form of training do you do nate?

mark
Well Mark, if it doesn't have a slant of homosexuality involved i'm totally not interested

wait... I mean... er...

I was a health science major in college, and did personal training (ISMA, AAAI, NASM certs) throughout and a little bit into the working world.

I was a D1 wrestler as well. Not the best but I made it on the team!

I thought about going into kinesiology, or trying to do physical therapy or professional sports training and/or medicine. But I sold my soul to the devil and have ended up in sales haha

How bout yourself?

EDIT: I'll add now my training program consists of just trying to stay in shape haha. I have a regular lifting partner and we lift 4-5 days a week. Compound exercises. 1 Muscle group per day. Granted there is some crossover. We're currently on a 6 week program, and have just started the second rotation of it. I can post it up if you're interested.

Last edited by NateDieselF4i; 09-14-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:59 PM

ha ha, cool

im a fireman, so keeping fit and healthy come hand in hand.

i also do personal training, and food coaching ( diet advice in real terms) qualifications gained both through work, and college in food science, biological anatomy, health and nutrition.

basically i train every day, mostly anaerobic, i limit gym to 3 times a week, and mostly do core, rather than set specific workouts,
i love the 300 workout, and centurion workouts
i do iron man/ tough guy events, and anything that pushes the body, oh i also do boxing and a tiny bit of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, but im ****e at that.

mark

Old 09-14-2011, 03:00 PM

ps,

big respect, alot of hard work you have put in, even though you have sold yourself to the devil

Old 09-14-2011, 03:01 PM

right, its tea time, see you n a bit