Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HD junkies

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD junkies

Just a rant. What is with these people who will not watch anything if its not in HD? I know guys that would rather sit through The Karate Kid in HD than watch something worth seeing. Is it me or has this gone a little far?

Old 08-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Default RE: HD junkies

I am somewhat like that...in the sense that 480i on my 50" looks like horse ****. Stretching it is just crappy. I try to find whatever I can find in HD but if it's not oh well.

What pisses me off more is the stupid *** best buy employees that have brainwashed people who know nothing about technology. For instance, my friend has a 42" LG that is capable of 1080P, but obviously network cable feeds are typically 720P or 1080i at best and he thinks he's getting "true HD" because some dumbass in a blue shirt told him so. Either way he's a toolbag but talking to people about high definition is like difficult

Old 08-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would prefer to watch a HD tv, which is only 1080i, or watch a HD-DVD or a reg DVD on the upscaling DVD player. I will watch standard channels if nothing else is on HD, but I prefer HD, who doesnt?

Old 08-31-2008, 12:37 PM

I dont watch much TV, but if I do I am not going to search for only HD...ya the picture looks better, but if its not something I want to watch or theres something else better on, why watch it?

Old 08-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Banned

When presented with the choice between something I kinda like in HD versus something I really like in standard definition, I will choose the HD. I got so spoiled by it, that when people invite me to their places to watch a sporting event like a football or hockey game, I won't go if they don't have an HDTV. It's just one of those things that, once you've seen the difference, it's really hard to go back to the old way.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:17 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

^ amen, HD or bust.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:30 PM

I didn't spend all that money for an HDTV to watch SD. I even got satellite since it has HD only programming.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:54 PM

It doesn't matter to me if it's HD or standard. I've seen the difference but it is no reason to NOT go to your buddies house to watch a game with a bunch of people and have a good time just because he doesn't have HD.

But if it was only you and your buddy watching the game and he was like, well I have HD would you rather come over to my place? Then I could understand.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: MuSiC

It doesn't matter to me if it's HD or standard. I've seen the difference but it is no reason to NOT go to your buddies house to watch a game with a bunch of people and have a good time just because he doesn't have HD.

But if it was only you and your buddy watching the game and he was like, well I have HD would you rather come over to my place? Then I could understand.
exactly....I love my HD, but to not go to somebody's house with a group of buddies because they dont have HD is just stupid...I would rather watch a game with a group of friends than to be alone watching it in HD. now I could understand if it was just 1-2 guys mentioning your place instead, of course everytime I have gone to someones house to watch a game they normally have a nice size HDTV.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Dont know about you guys, but when its time for me and friends to get together to watch a game, only the people with big tv's and HD host.

Quick Reply: HD junkies