CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   HD junkies (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/hd-junkies-77040/)

jstew600 08-31-2008 11:36 AM

HD junkies

Just a rant. What is with these people who will not watch anything if its not in HD? I know guys that would rather sit through The Karate Kid in HD than watch something worth seeing. Is it me or has this gone a little far?

Adionik 08-31-2008 11:43 AM

RE: HD junkies

I am somewhat like that...in the sense that 480i on my 50" looks like horse ****. Stretching it is just crappy. I try to find whatever I can find in HD but if it's not oh well.

What pisses me off more is the stupid ass best buy employees that have brainwashed people who know nothing about technology. For instance, my friend has a 42" LG that is capable of 1080P, but obviously network cable feeds are typically 720P or 1080i at best and he thinks he's getting "true HD" because some dumbass in a blue shirt told him so. Either way he's a toolbag but talking to people about high definition is like difficult

rrasco 08-31-2008 12:15 PM

i would prefer to watch a HD tv, which is only 1080i, or watch a HD-DVD or a reg DVD on the upscaling DVD player. I will watch standard channels if nothing else is on HD, but I prefer HD, who doesnt?

N8 Dawg 08-31-2008 12:37 PM

I dont watch much TV, but if I do I am not going to search for only HD...ya the picture looks better, but if its not something I want to watch or theres something else better on, why watch it?

shoortbuss 08-31-2008 02:00 PM

When presented with the choice between something I kinda like in HD versus something I really like in standard definition, I will choose the HD. I got so spoiled by it, that when people invite me to their places to watch a sporting event like a football or hockey game, I won't go if they don't have an HDTV. It's just one of those things that, once you've seen the difference, it's really hard to go back to the old way.

TK954RR 08-31-2008 02:17 PM

^ amen, HD or bust.

some guy #2 08-31-2008 02:30 PM

I didn't spend all that money for an HDTV to watch SD. I even got satellite since it has HD only programming.

MuSiC 08-31-2008 02:54 PM

It doesn't matter to me if it's HD or standard. I've seen the difference but it is no reason to NOT go to your buddies house to watch a game with a bunch of people and have a good time just because he doesn't have HD.

But if it was only you and your buddy watching the game and he was like, well I have HD would you rather come over to my place? Then I could understand.

N8 Dawg 08-31-2008 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: MuSiC

It doesn't matter to me if it's HD or standard. I've seen the difference but it is no reason to NOT go to your buddies house to watch a game with a bunch of people and have a good time just because he doesn't have HD.

But if it was only you and your buddy watching the game and he was like, well I have HD would you rather come over to my place? Then I could understand.

exactly....I love my HD, but to not go to somebody's house with a group of buddies because they dont have HD is just stupid...I would rather watch a game with a group of friends than to be alone watching it in HD. now I could understand if it was just 1-2 guys mentioning your place instead, of course everytime I have gone to someones house to watch a game they normally have a nice size HDTV.

TK954RR 08-31-2008 03:19 PM

Dont know about you guys, but when its time for me and friends to get together to watch a game, only the people with big tv's and HD host.