Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Haven't dragged a knee yet, but...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haven't dragged a knee yet, but...

... I just dragged my left hand today for the first time. [sm=happybounce.gif]

I was on my way to work and the on-ramp was empty, so... long story short, it was a good lean and I was kissing my mirror, so I thought- I wonder if I can touch. Sure enough, my index and middle finger glided smoothly against the road (I am wearing gloves, of course)

I was so thrilled that I was yelling "yea!" in my helmet. The sad thing is I keep to myself alot, so I really didn't have anyone to share this with other than here (my wife wouldn't be too amused).

So my question is: Is that enough of a lean to also get my knee down? If so, it is officially time for me to get some knee pucks on my riding pants.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:24 AM
Default RE: Haven't dragged a knee yet, but...

holy crap, i would think that would be more than enough to drag a knee. I have never heard of a finger drag, THATS LOW!! Congrats. And reference the wifey, some things are just better left unsaid.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Onarom

(my wife wouldn't be too amused).

Don't worry its same here....

Old 06-23-2008, 02:49 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

i'v scraped my feeler pegs a few times, always scares me i think it's gonna catch and throw my bike around

Old 06-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Retired Super Moderator

I dunno if i would use that as a gauge...I've seen people drag their hands without being in a very deep lean by using poor body positioning. Not saying that you are, just that i don't know if i would use that as my "ok, i'll stick my knee out now" tape lol.

In all honesty, i'd keep knee draggin to the track-but that's just me! Just make sure you've got some knee pucks, that way your next post doesn't involve pics of your shredded kneecap!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:34 AM

i know what you mean, i would keep that info to yourself, thats not the type of thing you share with your wife.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:13 AM

IMO, thats just crazyness. on a highway ramp[sm=badidea.gif] those things are usually plagued with slick spots form leaky *** cars sitting in merge jams.

but other than that minor detail, I have dragged my knees, toes, rear sets, exhuasts, you name it, and yet I have never had the urge to reach out and touch the ground.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:44 AM

If you have enough lean to drag your fingers, you have enough lean to drag yourknee. BUT...you shouldn't even need that much lean to touch your knee down.(Whole point of gettingthe knee down is to take pressure off the tires, reducing lean, and gauging tire useage)From the sounds of it, you're close tolowsiding.Work on your body positioning: Don't have your chest sooo low to the gas tank(the lower your are on the gas tank, the lower the center of gravity, a steeper lean angle you will have) andslid your butt off more.

Stay safe and keep the shiny side up...not to beat a dead horse..but I'd also like to recommendgetting to a track if you're getting that far over. (I learned the hard way [&:])

Old 06-23-2008, 10:04 AM

I did that for the first time last weekend. I was out with dwshultzy hitting the twistys. And I thought to myself, "Can I touch the ground?" Yep! I had gloves on but it kind of hurt my middle finger.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:18 AM

sahweet..i'd say that's close enough

Quick Reply: Haven't dragged a knee yet, but...