Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

harleys

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: harleys

Everyone gets a wave regardless of what they are on--unless I'm busy with what's in front of me. I get about half of them back from Harley riders, and when they don't wave I usually say "Well **** you then, too cool for me" to myself inside my helmet. Then I'm over it.
Best was whenI passed my Father going the opposite direction and didn't wave back to him(he was on a Harley that day)--you shoulda heard the phone call I got that night. Weird thing was, he was 180 miles from home, and I was 50 miles from home--just both out for random rides. What are the chances?

Old 05-06-2008, 09:26 AM

I wave at everyone. When they dont wave back it pisses me off because it makes me think they think they are better than me...oh well i tried at least, right?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:16 AM

I wave when possible, but a lot of times I'm behind another car and clutching or something. The funniest is when I wave to a rider on a scooter. They look like they have no idea what I'm doing. heck, i wave to cars sometimes depending on what the women look like. The helmet with a dark visor makes the confidence go up.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:53 AM

i wave to everyone also. Most of the time when im on my cruiser the harley guys wave back, cbr not so much. To me i actually feel stupid when they dont wave back thinking to myself damn you are an idiot for waving to that tool! but whatever right. we are all the same sportbike cruiser and even scooters. were all out there to ride and all encounter the same close calls for what we love.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:04 AM

I waved at a scooter on Sunday. The guy ignored me...

Old 05-06-2008, 11:17 AM

i wave to everybody, i'd say i get about 80% wave back from all (i don't notice harley's not waving back at any higher of a rate as other sport bike riders). There are times I don't expect a wave back, during turns, start ups after a waiting at a light, etc. There is also the "new rider" factor, I assume many new riders don't feel comfortable waving yet so I like to give the non-waver the benefit of the doubt.

The only time I find an awkward waving situation is when going in the same direction as another rider on the highway or something. When do you wave? When you are passing them? When you are next to them? When you are behind them and notice them look in their mirror? No wave at all??? I typically give a head nod or a little wave when I pass or am near them, just for acknowledgement.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:19 AM

I waved at a scooter on Sunday. The guy ignored me...
I've made that mistake before.

If a biker passes me I usually get the wave and I do the same.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:20 AM

I waved at a scooter one time on accident. Hell the front of it looked like another street bike. Around here the guys on scooters are DUI loosers. They shouldn't even be allowed on the road. I hate it when I see scooters outside of a bar. Feel like goin in and askinhow bad it has to get to realize there's a problem.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:23 AM

i wave to em sometimes...they hardley ever wave back. ********.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:38 AM

I wave at 'em all.We're all in it for the same reason, I just prefer a sport bike style...and my Big Dog. I like 'em all.

Quick Reply: harleys