Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hard to Believe!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:39 PM
RCR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hard to Believe!!!!

Its not all puppy dogs and rainbows in the police force. Cops don't shoot to wound they shoot to kill. Think about it if they blasted the kids knee caps off he would turn around and sue them for millions when he told his side of the story. Police are not Santa Clause and can tell the difference between the good ones and the naughty ones. But im sure I would of done the same if after being sprayed and a warning shot the kid kept coming after me with his knives.

Not really defending the police but this story wasnt about a kid going home from school and J-walked. He did have knives,resisted arrest, ran and threatend to kill the officers. Size really doesnt matter either in my book.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:57 PM

The public may never know all the details. Shootings by the police are never popular...and the cops are not sworn in to perform retroactive abortions. I do not believe that any cop goes to work thinkingIm gonna kill a teenybopper today.Truly a bad day for the kid and the cops involved...nobody comes out of that situation looking good.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:46 PM

Im going to go on RCRs side on this one. I dont care how the heck old you are, you threaten me and I give you due time to stop yer sh^&, Im probably going to drop you too. Blah blah blah, 15 so young, old enough to know the consequences of ones actions.

Like RCR said, its not like this was some innocent kid walking home or smoking some dope. Hes coming at you with knives and you already sprayed him, you fired a warning shot, .......... logical next step....... stop his action before he hurts you or one of your coworkers.

Good on the cops, just because your 15 doesnt get you a free pass in my book. Would all of you be saying the same thing if say the person was oh for examples sakes 30? Probably not, 15 is an adult, maybe not by law, but you have all the faculties to be considered one.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:04 AM

Why were the cops called in the first place?

Old 12-13-2008, 01:42 AM

I dont blame the officers for defending themselves
but i do wish they would have had tasers to drop him, instead of the guns to kill him

Old 12-13-2008, 10:32 AM

It sounds like mom and dad are going to be kicking themselves for a long time over the phone call. Maybe a trip to the park to chill out was exactly what the kid was looking for. When I was 15 my father and I were at each others throats constantly, so I can relate. I had a XL250 that I would climb on and thrash the **** out of till I calmed down. I only got picked up by the cops once for running up a road under construction... no guns involved. It took leaving home for a year on a student exchange half way around the world for my father and I to sort out our situation. After that he got smarter and I had enough experience under my belt to recognize the wisdom.

Quick Reply: Hard to Believe!!!!