Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hard to Believe!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hard to Believe!!!!

Do they have tasers there? We had a guy die inthe Vancouver airport. The police were trying to bring a peaceful resolution to that situation, tased him and he died. They also carry batons.
If the situation went down as described, the boy was advancing weapons in hand threatening the officer. The police do not train to wing you...they aim for center of mass. In training the criteria to shoot is very clear... They must believe that there will be grevious bodily harm or deathto shoot.They did use OC spray first with no effect. Here they would attempt tasernext.
I am not trying to defend the shooting...The loss of life is tragic. Police need more less than lethal means to subdue suspects,but , even where they are used there are allegations of abuse or overuse.
Do they have an inquiry any time there is a police shooting?

Old 12-12-2008, 09:41 AM

Why were the cops after him in the first place? For patting someones dog?

Old 12-12-2008, 10:49 AM

Clearly this young man had some issues... He is only 15 years old... Four grown men can't stop a boy from doing harm to others or himself other than by shooting him multiple times.. Even if they just shot him in the leg to get the situation back in order, but no they kill the kid... 6-7 gun shots they said were taken.. Thats just a little too extreme for me, for them to use that kind of force with a kid is outrageous.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

while i dont agree with the outcome and believe its tragic, how many of you have been in their shoes? we dont know exactly what happened when the shizzy hit the fizzy.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:21 PM

They fired a warning shot. He kept coming...suicide by cop? Was the kid high on something? Why was he packing knives? What caused the police to attend? This story leaves more questions than answers. It is still tragic that a 15 year old lost his life.
Has anyone heard of excited delerium? It might help explain the OC not working.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:27 PM

I think they need to look into his situation at home and find out what really is going on with the kid, and I am sure they will

Old 12-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Retired Moderator

Thrasher...my thoughts, too. What was he doing that caused him to be so agitated? Getting sprayed twice with pepper-type spray, and continuing toward cops with drawn guns after a warning shot and all the rest?WTF? He is probably not the angel or holy martyrhe will be portrayed as. I also wonder what the hell this kid did to catch the attention of all those cops. I also wonder what the hell they were thinking, killing a teenager with knives (he wasn't shooting at them with a gun). They could have absolutely chosen a non-lethal shot IMO. Need more info.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:33 PM

There were 4 of them, surround him and beat the **** out of him with batons. Problem solved.
But noooo.....

I mean, they say he had knives. Whippedy doo... If he had a couple of swords... well... ok. but knives?

Old 12-12-2008, 08:50 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

I knew they would get off..
Even if they didnt get off they probably just would have got a slap on the wrist.

Quick Reply: Hard to Believe!!!!