Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Halp us Jon Carry!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halp us Jon Carry!

lol, love our troops. they are the greatest.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: Halp us Jon Carry!

Awesome!!! My cousin is over there and he is very sharp. Kerry may have ruined his shot at the presidency...no great loss in my opinion.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:40 PM

I'm no fan of his, but how is it that people don't get what he was trying to say ?? He wasn't even talking about troops, he was talking about bush "getting stuck". Justy seems funny for e/one to get all worked up about it when it wasn't even what he was sayin.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Retired Moderator

That's how the system works. Information gets taken out of context all the time. I actually didn't know the context from which his statement was taken. I just saw a clip...that is exactly how these things happen and spread rampant.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:54 PM

I'm sorry, but thats retarded !! You would have to be of "limited" mental state to misunderstand what he was saying. I think he's an idiot for saying it in the first place, but come on !!

Old 11-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what did he exactly say? bascially i heard him say if you dont go to school and are a minority you will end up in the military and fighting in iraq. was that the context in which it was used or what IS the deal?

Old 11-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Retired Moderator

I'm with you Rrasco, that's all I knew about what he said, thus my previous post. I just thought it was an unadulterated foot in the mouth moment. My dad actually shook his hand when he was in Medford, Oregon (a couple of years ago). May even have a picture of it...that would be a fun pic to photochop for him.

Old 11-03-2006, 02:42 PM

He was talking about education and said if you use it well and take it seriously it will take you far, and if you don't, you end up stuck in Iraq. He was TRYING to call Bush out as a dumbass, but it didn't work so much as totaly backfire.

Old 11-03-2006, 02:44 PM

Here is what Kerry said:

"Education -- if you make the most of it and you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well," said Kerry, a Massachusetts Democrat. "If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

ORIGINAL: FATHEADS1KRR

I'm no fan of his, but how is it that people don't get what he was trying to say ?? He wasn't even talking about troops, he was talking about bush "getting stuck". Justy seems funny for e/one to get all worked up about it when it wasn't even what he was sayin.
ORIGINAL: FATHEADS1KRR

I'm sorry, but thats retarded !! You would have to be of "limited" mental state to misunderstand what he was saying. I think he's an idiot for saying it in the first place, but come on !!
You're kidding right? Let me splain for you, he said only the stupid go to Iraq to fight for your country.

Old 11-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If that is exactly what he said, and im assuming it is hence the quotes, that he said if you dont get an education then the military is the only route for you. which is bull****. i never went to college and barely high school and I have a good IT job. I will never join the military, just cuz i dont want to work for the man.

Quick Reply: Halp us Jon Carry!