Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Group rides with newbies

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whiteknite
ummm are you being sarcastic?

The general consensus by msf instructors and riding coaches is that newbs go in front, directly behind the lead rider, and most experienced riders go in the back of groups. There are lots of reasons for that. For 1 it allows them to ride at their own pace rather than being pressured into riding above their limits. It also allows the more experienced riders to critique and evaluate their riding, and then give them pointers. The more experienced riders are able to focus on the road and hazards ahead of the newb, and are more likely to avoid the riders in front of them if the worst does happen. And... They wont run into you if they are in front. Also, having your faster riders at the back keeps things going smooth because they can catch up more easily when they get stuck in traffic or at lights.

Not that the guys i rode with ever followed this when i was learning, but the pressure i felt to keep up is why i stress the importance of ride-order.

The ama suggests having an experienced rider go in the immediate front on larger group rides, which makes sense. Then followed by the least experienced riders directly behind, and the other experienced riders running sweep. But, what does the ama know
+1,304.657!!

Old 07-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shardoflard
lol i like it when ppl dont like when i pull up next to them. im use to dirtbikes. where youre like 1 ft away and flying thru turns. but i also like to wheelie between 2 cars on the 2 lanes... but thats why cody doesnt have a liter bike. just a f2 :\
'

The hell? Did you post this in the wrong thread?