Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Crazy group rides

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy group rides

so it was around 1230am.. i was doing some facebook creeping where i heard some noise... i looked out my window to see a line of bikes (10-15) all entering the gas station next to my condo. After filling up they started to rev up and do wheelies =/ im sure they ended up getting kicked out the gas station haha and when leaving traffic actually stopped for them ... has anybody been on one of these before?

Last edited by TheCult; 07-10-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

there's a lot of group rides where i'm from. they're pretty fun, its a good way to make some friends in case you ever need something. you should see if you have a local forum, thats where all the group rides that i've heard about have originated from

Old 07-10-2011, 11:54 AM

Would be pretty sweet to see that. Hope those riders were ok. Hate to see someone fall showing off. I've only seen one wheelie in real life. And it was pretty awesome I must admit. But Damn its dangerous

Old 07-10-2011, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
there's a lot of group rides where i'm from. they're pretty fun, its a good way to make some friends in case you ever need something. you should see if you have a local forum, thats where all the group rides that i've heard about have originated from
there is a place 10min from me where they have bike meets every wednesday night i believe. im sure thats where everyone meets everyone in my city haha

Old 07-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

well go check it out then. if guys are pulling wheelies and stuff, its fine as long as they're safe imo. if it doesn't bother you, pull in and check it out some night. you'll see if its for you or not. there's some guys that i've rode with once, and i'll never ride with them again because of something they did, then there are guys that i'll ride with whenever i can.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:03 PM

Group rides are common around here! haha!

Get enough people and you can stop traffic all you want! This Video is here in the Bay Area, of a group ride... Watch how much traffic they stop after the dude crashes...

YouTube - ‪Bullo Crashes on Bay Bridge Doing a Wheelie‬‏

Old 07-10-2011, 03:46 PM

That Bike sounds terrible. It also serves the guy right. That's why I was never into group rides...

Old 07-10-2011, 10:48 PM

that was a very diverse group of bikes haha

Old 07-10-2011, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
well go check it out then. if guys are pulling wheelies and stuff, its fine as long as they're safe imo. if it doesn't bother you, pull in and check it out some night. you'll see if its for you or not. there's some guys that i've rode with once, and i'll never ride with them again because of something they did, then there are guys that i'll ride with whenever i can.
im sure if they show off like that at the bike nights, it was only that one time i seen the guy doing wheelies in the gas station... =/ but im just waiting for someone to go to one of those bike nights with

Old 07-10-2011, 11:27 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

im going to my first bike night this wednesday, i hope it all works out.

Quick Reply: Crazy group rides