Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Grilling and cooking thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grilling and cooking thread

This one is for madgreek

Venison in a white wine cream sauce

First cook the venison on medium high heat with a bit of olive oil three minutes on each side. Just enough to sear but not enough to fully cook.

In a large fry pan use about two tablespoons olive oil, several finely chopped shallots and three to four cloves of fresh garlic, pressed or finely chopped. I prefer pressed. Cook on medium heat for several minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups of white wine. Do not use any of that cooking wine garbage. Just pick a nicewhite wine. Boil that down by half. Turn down heat and add 1 1/2 cups of heaviy cream and bring to a simmer. Add the venison and simmer till sauce thickens, usually about 5-10 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Grilling and cooking thread

Wow Ti, i use almost that same recipe, accept i add a cup of fresh mushrooms, and use Jim Beam instead of wine (not a cup and a half tho lol, just a good amount).

Old 12-04-2008, 03:59 PM

I've thrown in portabello shrooms as well. Good stuff!

Old 12-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did somebody say grill?!?!?!

Kabobs
Name:  SSPX0116.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  52.7 KB

Shrimp Kabobs - The breaded ones recipe has been posted before, search is too broken to find it.
Name:  SSPX0117.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  24.6 KB

Old 12-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Retired Moderator

John Wayne Kabbobits...

Get yourself one John Wayne Bobbit severed weiner...throw it on the grill...enjoy.

P.S. I hate myself...I think I have just gone too far.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:11 PM

Oooooh game recipes! I have a freezer full of critters and always looking to try something defferent. I usually make a mean chilli or a killer stew out of my venison, or make allot of jerky, kids love it.

For duck, fillet the breast off of the bone, cut into finger-wide strips the length of the breast. get some jalepenos and remove seeds and cut in half, stuff jalepenos with cream chees and wrap duck strip around jalepeno, then wrap the whole thing in a layer of bacon, skewer with a toothpick to hold in place. I usually soak the tooth picks in beer to keep them from burning up. I like to cook this over a straight mesquite fire. Grill untill outside of bacon is crispy,, usually leaves the inside baconjust perfect, and the duck medium rare and the jalepeno hot and crispy, with the cream cheese still firm but hot. MMMmmm MMmmmmmm

Old 12-04-2008, 04:16 PM

Another excellent venison recipe. I use this on pork loin ribs and its tops!

Fully thawed sprinkle these spices on meat sparingly:

Cealery salt
chyennepepper or your favorite cajun spice
Thyme
Ground cummin
Ground mustard
salt
pepper
brown sugar (generously)

Rub into meat and refridgerate over night.

In a blender combine one jar of Jack Daniels old number 7 barbeque sauce, one 12 oz beer of your choice and two tablespoons olive oil. Blend and pour over meat, return to fridge for several hours. Throw the meat on the grill and baste generously while grilling.

Put extra sauce in a small saucepan and simmer until it thickens, pour over meat on your plate.

Serve with ice cold beers.

You are welcome......

Old 12-04-2008, 04:19 PM

^^^^ Gonna have to print that one out. Might have to slap my momma for not cookin so good.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

Oooooh game recipes! I have a freezer full of critters and always looking to try something defferent. I usually make a mean chilli or a killer stew out of my venison, or make allot of jerky, kids love it.

For duck, fillet the breast off of the bone, cut into finger-wide strips the length of the breast. get some jalepenos and remove seeds and cut in half, stuff jalepenos with cream chees and wrap duck strip around jalepeno, then wrap the whole thing in a layer of bacon, skewer with a toothpick to hold in place. I usually soak the tooth picks in beer to keep them from burning up. I like to cook this over a straight mesquite fire. Grill untill outside of bacon is crispy,, usually leaves the inside baconjust perfect, and the duck medium rare and the jalepeno hot and crispy, with the cream cheese still firm but hot. MMMmmm MMmmmmmm

Sounds damn good and alot like my pheasant poppers.

Cut thin long strips from pheasant breast and lay on top of a piece of thin cut bacon. Smother with cream cheese and chopped jalapenos, roll up and stick with a toothpickand deep fry until bacon looks burnt. Mmmmmm mmmmmm m m m m m m mmmmmmmm mmm!!

Old 12-04-2008, 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

^^^^ Gonna have to print that one out. Might have to slap my momma for not cookin so good.

That one is my own creation. If you try it you will not regret it!

Quick Reply: Grilling and cooking thread