Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

great more insurance fun

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great more insurance fun

if any one remembers my other post about the insurance company i am dealing with to get my settlemnt for my accident i just got my first offer. kinda....

i called her friday when she said she should have a answer to her submission of a number. well she did not so i told her she had till wensday or i am getting a lawyer. today she calls and gives me a number but it does not include some of the bills i gave her a few weeks ago becuase she had to submit them and it will take time for those be in the nubmer. so she gave me a number based on most the bills 75%. she told me they dont have to pay all the medical bills becuase i did not have to pay them out of pocket. this seams wrong... they are paying 80% of everything as we agreed on months ago. 20% my fault. 80% of my medical bills is more than she offered.

so now i got to call the health insurance to ask them if they are taking their medical bills out of my settlment. they are legaly aloud to collect what they paid for the medical bills.

this is realy becoming a pain in my @ss

Old 02-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Banned
Default RE: great more insurance fun

75% seems fine to simply end it. You don't want to be back and forth with an insurance company man... take it.

However, you should most certainly consult a lawyer.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:52 PM

they made a offer on 75% of the medical bills. that means pain and suffeing amount is lower and if health insruane wants some they will take a very large amount almost all of it.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:54 PM

You should consult both a lawyer and your health insurance.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Banned

Get a lawyer. Why haven't you already?

Old 02-27-2008, 03:09 PM

i have not got a lawyer becuase it will take even longer, i will end up getting less probley. i can get them to make a good offer its going to take forever though becuase every time they come up with a number it was to be approved and that takes like a month. thats why the bills i gave her like 3 weeks ago are not in the offer but only the ones she had 5 weeks ago.

i tryed to get a hold of the subogation company that the health insurace uses i got a voicemail. so now i wait for a call from them. i am going to ask what they are going to be wanting to take.

my insurance guy i talked to when this accident happend said if i need help with anything dealing with thier adjuster to call him. you think even though i have not talked to him in like 7 months he can still give me some advice?

i am hoping with the help of imformation from law websites, and my insruance company and health company i can deal with this no laywer.

o and i cant call the health insruance suborgation to see if they answer this time becuase my mom left and its long distance. so i left a voice mail and hope they call back today. if they dont i am going to be up woundering all night again. so i sit here chain smoking...

Old 02-27-2008, 03:13 PM

Your insurance company should be able to give you some free advice on handling the situation. Make sure you have all of your questions ready before calling anywhere and the numbers you're working with for bills, bike value, P&S, etc.

Lawyers also get you more money. They could make your P&S worth much more and thereby offset their price. You should have already consulted one.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:23 PM

i got a list of thing i am going to ues to get more pain and suffering. i am going to deal with it myself see what i can get it to before i consider a lawyer. the only thing that realy is making me mad is the time. when i hear from this health insruance company i am going to find out what they want, call the insruance company giving me my settlement and telling them what ups. i want all my medical bills to be paid for even though its not coming from my pocket. so 80% of that is like 21000 +pain and suffering. then they will come back in weeks and weeks give me that number then i will tell them all the things they dont know about like scars, my missed vacation ect to get it even higher. their offer was 20,000 not even 80% of medical alone. they have to pay for all the bills not just out of pocket. thats like saying i break your cell phone and say i dont have to pay for it becuase your mom paid for it. she is going to want her money, thats my health insruance company.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:54 AM

Dude, you are dealing with people whose job is to screw you out of as much money as possible! That's how insurance adjusters make more money; the less the company has to pay out, the bigger the bonus. You gotta fight fire with fire! Get your own expert screwer, I think they are called "lawyers", to fight for you. Now he works on a percentage so the more you get, the more he gets. Been there, done that. The real key is how quick do you need the money? Once you get lawyers butting heads it can drag on. THe big one I had took three years to see a penny, bummer. The upside was the eventual payout, roughly $200K! You ain't gonna beat these people at their own game by yourself.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:33 PM

I must have missed out. Can someone find the link or elaborate?

Regardless of what happened, talk to a lawyer.