Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Grabbed a HTC Rezound

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Grabbed a HTC Rezound

Best phone I've ever owned! Built in Beats by Dre with earbuds. Gotta say what I thought was hype isn't. Major sound quality difference, even when using Bluetooth to the Edge. Camera is the best I've had on a phone. But the hardware...

My last 3 phones have been Droids: original, X and Charge. All have been under powered for how I use my phone. Using Slacker and browsinf the web (or even opening a new app) on the Charge would have Slacker stuttering, occasionally crashing. But the dual core in the Rezound has no problem with anything. Everything has stayed smooth as ice with anything running.

Love the phone!

Old 11-27-2011, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i like my droid x but lately its been so slow and laggy. Ive been shopping around for a new droid. I was thinking about trying the thunderbolt out but the rezounds been looking pretty good. Im just hoping i find something i like so i dont have to switch to a god damn iphone

Old 11-28-2011, 04:57 PM

I've been eyeing the Galaxy Nexus, but if it gets delayed another time, or more negative press leaks, I'll probably go with a Razr. I need to check out the Rezound before commiting.

iPhone is a non-contender due to the lack of 4G capability. My areas should have Verizon's 4G in 1st quarter 2012. No way I'm getting roped into a new contract with a non 4G phone.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
I've been eyeing the Galaxy Nexus, but if it gets delayed another time, or more negative press leaks, I'll probably go with a Razr. I need to check out the Rezound before commiting.

iPhone is a non-contender due to the lack of 4G capability. My areas should have Verizon's 4G in 1st quarter 2012. No way I'm getting roped into a new contract with a non 4G phone.
Razr is reported to have better battery life. Even the vzw sales guy said that. But the non-removable battery was a deal breaker for me. Also the Rezound has a faster cpu, which may account for the shorter battery life.

That or HTC Sense eating the battery syncing everything. Either way, I purposely skipped Moto this time just to change things up. And I think the Razr is ugly

Old 12-02-2011, 08:48 PM

Fair warning: vzw has a couple dud phones out there. That or something isn't playing nice in the Android OS. I had to take my phone back and exchange it for another. It was taking 6+ hours to charge, one night only charging to 60% while the phone was off. And the phone was beating up pretty bad under normal use. On the charger, it reached 120F+. Heard a couple reports of Razrs doing the same as well.

Obviously It's the individual phones since my replacement works perfectly

Old 12-02-2011, 08:55 PM

Galaxy Nexus comes out Thursday, if you're still in your exchange time and like the way it looks - it's another option.

I played with the Rezound today, but something about it didn't pop for me.

I think I'm grabbing a Razr tomorrow or Monday and I'll have til Jan 14th to exchange for something else if I just don't like how it runs.