Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Got pulled over & searched

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007 | 11:42 AM
Default Got pulled over & searched

Ok, so I'm going to meet the wife a few hrs away. I decide to take her bike to put some miles on it for her (she hasn't been able to ride latly) and save hwy miles on my tire. I pass a cop way out in the middle of nowhere, he was doning aobut 15-20 under. I know this is bad news but I'm in a bit of a hurry, so I just keep an eye on him, and sure as **** a mile down the road lights come on. I get pretty worried cause I have expired dealer tag on the bike cause the new ones havent come in yet. So I pull over, take off the gloves and helmet and wait. I'm kinda nervous cause of the tags so when they come up I acidently give them the wrong ID, catch it befor they take it and give them my Drivers license. They run my info, get nothing , then tell me they pulled me over cause they couldn't see my tag. I explain thats its my wifes bike and the suspension is supper soft so it crouches down to much with me and the tire covers it. THey ask me 1 milliion questions, I'm polite to the point of nausea and answer all questions. They then tell me I "Send up warnings" and they want to search me. I had directions taped to the tank, and they ask what is that a drop off route? No, it's directions to where my wife is. "Oh, what are you running...delivering?" Nothing.. I'm going to meet my wife. "where?" I point to the final line of pre-printed directions that say destination blah-blah lake. "well, how long are you staying there" I don't know , a few hrs."well, not over night huh?" This is where i start to get pissed. I say, no, but why? No answer. They asked to search me. I ask why? " Because you have alot of pockets on your jacket and back pack and send of warnings" I hassel them a bit then consent. I tease them the whole time... acting really nervious in some pockets, and laugh at them in others. I start figiting and looking at my watch. they cant find anything, of course. I then lay out my military history (3 wars in 4 years, 2 more years in other countries, and 2 years in the nati guard) and ask them when was the last time they laid their life on the line? no answer. WTF did I do? NOTHING! I was going the speed limit, was polite, but because I was on a new Ducati and have patches all over my jacket the got to harrass me? Sorry, just pissed me off

Old 05-12-2007 | 12:38 PM
Default RE: Got pulled over & searched

sounds like they are just trying to catch bike thieves, the guy could have definitely been nicer about it

Old 05-12-2007 | 05:30 PM

dude that sucks *** man im sorry to hear that, that sounds like total bs..man your wives bike is so bad ***, i love the way it rumbles, we could hear her coming before we could see the girls. LOL

Old 05-12-2007 | 06:46 PM

"Send up warnings" my ***. The guy could probably tell within five seconds that you were totally clean, and was just pisssed that you didn't give him the chance to ring you up.

Old 05-12-2007 | 07:12 PM

yeah thats def. a bunch of bs. regardless of how "suspicious" you might havelooked, there was no need for him to be such an ***. lol, i like the comment you threw at them about laying their life on the line.

Old 05-12-2007 | 08:28 PM

Thats an easy question to answer, they lay their life on the line everyday they go to work. Why do you think cops wear bullet resistant vests? Its not for kicks and giggles I assure you. As with the miliarty, how many jobs do you go to where you aren't sure if you'll be going home alive by the end of your shift. I could give you hundreds of links on cops getting shot/killed by someone on a traffic stop, but I won't. The fact is, some cops are dicks, some aren't. Unfortunately, I would say that there are more of the first then the second and that is why there is such bad PR around the world. Because someone has a ego to boost, they think they can put others down for doing a minor violation. Was he technically within his power to do what he did, the answer is yes. While he didn't do it in a polite fashion, thats probably just how he is. If that route is a drug route for people down there, then thats why he did what he did. I understand your frustration though, as I too have met those police officers that are less then courteous.

Edit:
I completely forgot that part. Yeah...you could have gotten a ticket and had the bike impounded as worse case scenario. I'd definately take my luck and go on with things

Old 05-13-2007 | 12:21 AM

It sucks and all, but YOU PASSED THE COP WITH EXPIRED TAGS!!!! [sm=dontgetit.gif]

I'm guessing you didn't get a ticket at all.....so if searching you was worth getting out of a ticket, then I'd count yourself "luckee".

Old 05-13-2007 | 02:46 AM

+1 on the whole military history....i got ticketed last week minding my own business on 70W in ohio...6 lanes at night i had on all gear everything good....i was speedin a bit...well 10 to 15 over(which usually sits well and no one bothers u...chick trooper pulls me over and trys to hassle me about my bike...saying im gonna die and all this crap so i shoot her "i just got back from iraq i dont give a ****" lol...dude i was reporting back for duty(weekend pass) and both my brothers are cops and both my best friends(1 of which is a trooper)....i tried name dropping them and she got even madder....i haven't had a ticket for years and that bitch wrote me out for 20 over(which was bull****).....

Old 05-13-2007 | 07:36 AM

i would have told them no about searching if you didnt have expired tags, and made them get a warrent

Old 05-13-2007 | 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Balamien

Thats an easy question to answer, they lay their life on the line everyday they go to work.

Yea, I agree that was a stupid thing to say but at the time i was pissed off and thinking more along the lines of RPG's exploding 10 ft from the helicopter your crewing with 11 passengers and your crew aboard. As far as me laying it down in the military, For a combined total of 3 years I went EVERYWHERE in a bullet proof vest with a loaded 9mm, a M-16, and a M-60D 7.62mm machine gun. I was a blackhawk helicopter crewchief, the bad guys love to shoot at the helicopter and its not really that fun to get shot at!

Quick Reply: Got pulled over & searched