Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Got my first house!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got my first house!

Congrats, and welcome tothe club. Great investment.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new home!

ORIGINAL: VP
turns out we are poor people...not one housre we looked at under 400k was even remotely nice in the city so it might be a little longer than we expected
Are you dead set on being inside the perimeter? if you look just a few miles out you can still find great deals. A young couple both going to KSU just bought the house next to me in a bank foreclosure for around $140k .. the house is valued around $325k!!

And don't forget that New home buyers buying this year get up to a $7,500 tax credit:

http://activerain.com/blogsview/7645...-in-a-Nutshell

Old 01-02-2009, 12:07 PM

I wish I could find a foreclosed house the needed some tlc inside. As long as the exterior is fine (thats mucho dinero there), I can fix anything inside. The house next door to my mom's is empty. They found the old guy just sitting in his house. He hadnt come out in weeks. Pretty sure it still smells like **** inside. I think the son that would visit him put him in a nursing home, so the house is just sitting there.

Its brick with two car garage. Still no sign so somebody still owns it.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:15 PM

Congrats on your house man....

My dad and I have been pickin up on some forclosed homes.. The last one we got had no sign but our realtor found it for us.. It ended up being owned by a bank in INDIA.. I have no idea why but that was just a mess dealing with... Not to mention all the back taxes on it.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:42 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

Congrats on your new home!

ORIGINAL: VP
turns out we are poor people...not one housre we looked at under 400k was even remotely nice in the city so it might be a little longer than we expected
Are you dead set on being inside the perimeter? if you look just a few miles out you can still find great deals. A young couple both going to KSU just bought the house next to me in a bank foreclosure for around $140k .. the house is valued around $325k!!

And don't forget that New home buyers buying this year get up to a $7,500 tax credit:

http://activerain.com/blogsview/7645...-in-a-Nutshell
Thanks for that website on the tax credit, I had no idea.

As far as being deadset, let me PM you about that.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: woo545

ORIGINAL: champ24
Only thing I dont like is shoveling in the winter.
Then get a cheap snow blower.

I have a decent size one, but I blow 4 of my neighbors and then my one neighbor blows his brother-in-law up the street.
That's what she said.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:21 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: woo545

VP, check out the county auctions.

First try to get pre-approval. You can get a list of the houses up for auction from the county. Then you need to check what type of liens are wiped out as result of the house auction. Then you need to check what liens are on the house that you are looking for (you will be responsible for paying them off immediately). The house auction should start at what the mortgage company is owed.

There's more details, I just don't feel like getting into right now. Like what kind of checks to get from the bank... things to look for.

You also need to check when the county expects remaining payment. If it's 30 days or more you should be OK for a conventional loan. Anything less will have to go to a different type of lender.

Lots and lots of details and concerns (and risk) but can be worthwhile.
thanks for the advice, I will check into this stuff.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did I mention that usually you are responsible for evictions? Usually offering a couple hundred to get there stuff out that day is usually enough. (even if it means their junk on the lawn.)

Old 01-02-2009, 10:11 PM

Congrats on the new house. Now just getit paid off as quick as you can and it will really feel good. I have been in my house 4 1/2 years and plan on paying it off in 4 more. Then I get my nice big garage I have always wanted.

Quick Reply: Got my first house!