Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Got me a new Cam :D

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got me a new Cam :D

Found a pretty good deal so I totally had to go for it!

So here`s the case: earlier this week I ordered a RAM mount set for my bike to get to film riding vids, it came this friday, I fitted it to my bike and went to a test ride that ended in my Olympus camera falling off to the road getting completely destroyed, so I`ve searced the net the whole weekend for a reasonally priced action cam for it`s successor. The GoPros and others such are way over my price range, so I`ve been trying to find something a little more affordable, and came across this:

The Rollei ActionCam 100. Paid 69 euros for it, so it wasn`t too expensive IMO. German maker, so it should be of good quality. The one that I ordered should be black, and if I understood right, can be screwed straight to the fastening mount of the RAM mount so it should be impossible to drop...

Should come during this week, so hopefully I finally get to film those vids next weekend.

Pretty many shoulds, but definetely seemed the best bang for buck I could find! The only minus is no mic, but the only thing that captures on the vid is a massive wind whizz anyway so no biggy IMO...

Last edited by Mattson; 05-20-2012 at 03:27 PM.