Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Got a killer deal on riding boots!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a killer deal on riding boots!!!!!!!!!

I've been needing some boots badly. I've been wearing my old military boots for a year now praying I don't lowside and grind my foot away lol! Well I ordered the Oxtar TCS EVO Ti Racing Boots in Red. The best part about it is that they were only $130!!!!!!!!! Got them at http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/h...i+racing+boots

Woohoo!!!!!

Old 03-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Default RE: Got a killer deal on riding boots!!!!!!!!!

That is an awesome deal. Newenough is almost out and did not have the color I was looking for.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:24 PM

those are really nice. i have the setups that i got for the same price but those look better than mine.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Retired Administrator

I almost bought those at ironpony where I picked up a set of alpinestars. Didn't have the oxtar in my size. I've only riden for a little with the new boots, but I love them. Now I'll have to get use the the boots with a gp shift setup that I did a week ago. The problem is, I changed my shifter and now it's getting cold or raining. So by the time I hop back on the bike, I'll forget I did it and have to remember the hard way.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:03 PM

Oh my...dammit, I just bought the newer, lesser style for more money. Good find, down from $279! Score. And if you're just joining us, Oxtar is Italian-made goodness and the company is now called TCX. They just finished re-branding and I knew there would be good deals on remaining Oxtar's--and I always check MotorcycleCloseouts...crap, I can't believe I missed this one, good job A4. Naturally they have my size...

Anyway, these are the ones, my super-duper 2008 TCX SS Performance 2 boots. I considered the next level, but it's a bit overkill without track time.

They haven't even come yet, so I can't really review...but I'm hopeful. Here's the next level--which does look fetching...
2008 TCX Competizione S

Old 03-14-2008, 11:03 PM

Sorry you just missed this deal Spirit! [:@]The ones you have though look nice. And probably will be alot more comfortable for everyday riding. Happy riding!

Old 03-15-2008, 12:26 AM

That is a hell of a deal! I am looking for my first pair so I dont know how the sizes are. Do riding boots fit like any regular shoe or do you have to go up in size for them to fit and feel well.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:28 AM

ORIGINAL: flashman

That is a hell of a deal! I am looking for my first pair so I dont know how the sizes are. Do riding boots fit like any regular shoe or do you have to go up in size for them to fit and feel well.
good ? i ned to know as well i ride with steel toes.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:35 AM

Just ordered me a pair of new boots. I got blackz0r

Edit: nm

Old 03-15-2008, 01:20 AM

ORIGINAL: flashman

I don't know from experience but I've read that alot of guys get a smaller size so that the boot fits snug. Makes sense to me so I ordered a half size smaller. Hope they fit! lol

Quick Reply: Got a killer deal on riding boots!!!!!!!!!