Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

GOLDEN LIGHT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GOLDEN LIGHT!!!!

I was just reading a post about braking and safety and i started thinking about exactly how much can you really do if your about to have genuine bad luck. I'd like to share somthing my mum taught my brother and I ever since we were little doods.
This fomula has worked for my family and my friends who have taken this on like you would'nt believe.

Ok so my mums a bit of a hippie or gypsy or what ever you want to call it yeh.
She taught me Just to take a minimum of 10 seconds before every time you ride the bike, sky dive, bunjy , play football- put your self in a higher risk or bad luck situation. Just slow your thoughts down and imagine or visualise for example your riding down the road ,and you
and your bike are glowing with a thick bright GOLDEN light. This is the colour for safety and luck. Imagine it around the other people on the road. Finally imagine your self pulling into your driveway at the end of your ride still with your golden light on.
Try it, do it a few times then dont do it for a bit. but do it seriously(properly). You WILL notice a difference even to the quality of your ride.
I dare you!Just like the guy who dared you to do that stunt last week!
I have never had a broken bone or serious injury. Sure ,I've had a couple of close calls. But only when i Hav'nt put my light on b4 I started doing what ever I was doing at the time .Im 27 now and have been doing this for about 20 years or so
I live my life pretty full on and get away with some crazy stuff.
Ok so your about to bag me but as the saying goes "dont knock it untill you've tried it"!.............. Just wanted to share- Be safe

Old 12-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Default RE: GOLDEN LIGHT!!!!

I totally respect that. Some Riders may doing something like this. You're using the Golden light much like some may use a thought, a vision, a place, etc. The point behind this...in which ever method you may use... is to become completely focused on the task at hand. Be it that it may be Motorcycle, Skydiving, or whatever form of excitement you seek.

It's a great philosophy and more people should practice it. This goes together with ones feelings...that is... if you don't feel 100% about Riding at any particular moment, then don't.

Find your center before you open her up!

Good stuff!

Old 12-01-2006, 05:17 PM

I'm with you on that. I take a deep breath and I visualize returning home to see my daughter every time I get on the bike. Works for me. I'll give the golden light a go!

Old 12-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Retired Moderator

There have been numerous studies done about the effectiveness of "visualization". This is a version of that. I think it is important to get yourself mentally tuned in before the ride. The power of the mind is, as yet, unmapped; we know very little about it. Good idea, and an individual could come up with their own pre-ride ritual.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i pray everytime before i get on the bike...
it works!

Old 12-01-2006, 11:07 PM

Yeh its a little trick worth passing on to your mates I reckon. On the subject of being in tune with ur self b4 and during the ride , I was also bought up to really listen to that little voice inside ur head. You know the voice, the voice that just said "what little voice", "is this guy crazy or somthing" ? Start listening. Concider it intuition or your sixth sense or what ever you like.
EXAMPLE:Have you ever been riding down the road slightly over the speed limit and suddenly you'll have a gut feeling , or the voice will say somthing about cops?- then sure enough there they are around the next corner! What about youer last speeding fine- just b4 you got busted somthing was'nt quite right was it, think back. The more you listen the more you improve the relationship with your self.

My Mum's got this skill down pat to the extent where she can always find a car park at the shops on Saturday morning even when the place is chokers- she'll usually even create one right at the front door. When we were kids we couldnt get away with anything- she knew when we were up to no good . Didd'nt stop me from playin up though hahahalol.

This is a very interesting topic and its pretty unreal what becomes available to you when your in tune with your self. Any way guys enjoy your rides this weekend and be safe , Im goin to throw a leg over now. talk soon- Kearnsy

[IMG]local://upfiles/12573/70DC6388AA7C45AF8EC93FD5C1124174.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-02-2006, 01:28 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Kearnsy
When we were kids we couldnt get away with anything- she knew when we were up to no good .
Made it kind of hard to bash the bishop, right?

Old 12-02-2006, 03:32 PM

What wasnt right was I saw him standing on the side of the road staring at me doing 20 over with a laptop open watching a movie at night...

Old 12-02-2006, 03:33 PM

But yes my mom wants me to say stuff like that praying to archangel michael and white light....I may give it a try.....I think being focused i important but being calm is what makes the focus count

Old 12-02-2006, 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

ORIGINAL: Kearnsy
When we were kids we couldnt get away with anything- she knew when we were up to no good .
Made it kind of hard to bash the bishop, right?
Well I guess if thats whats on ur mind at this time of night I guess so eh - have fun!!!!!