Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Going crazy *rant*

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going crazy *rant*

So theres a week left until I'm home from my first year of college.

Ever since 2003, I could hop on some object with two wheels and an engine and go crazy at any given point in time. This was how I cleared my mind, got away from my problems, and released some stress. I could grab some tools and tear down a bike, something on my vehicle, play with some sort of electronics, whatever struck me as entertaining at the moment.

So late august 2010 I get thrown into college, stripped away from everything. Literally the day before I got here I just finished lifting my truck. You know, the one that I payed for but wasn't allowed to bring, solely due to my parents (I've payed for almost everything that I used except housing since I had a job, and I started cutting grass in fifth grade). So first semester I try to get adjusted, but it sets in I don't have my toys. depressing, but I make friends and try to forget about it.

Winter break I get a month off. sweet. I spend most of it working because I was so broke at school it was stupid. I get to have my truck again, YAY. I toyed around with the cbr too (just admired it, since I got it in november when I was home for a weekend). Then back to school. I was better now, it was a much needed break. Spring break comes around, and once again I'm broke out of my mind. So I worked every day. The weather at school had been BEAUTIFUL lately, 70-80 and sunny. So I determined to bring the bike. Once again, the one that I payed for in cash by myself. No parents involved. So two minutes before we leave (7am) I was suited up, car was packed and I was going to follow mom down. They say "oh yeah, you aren't taking that". I was PISSED beyond belief. That was probably the ****tiest thing you could do to a kid. All I wanted was a break from school every now and then. The ability to go for a 10-15 minute ride every now and then would do WONDERS for me and my sanity. But no, its cool mom and dad, tell me what I can and cant do with my own stuff.

Don't get me wrong. I understand they want to see me be successful and they think the bike will be a distraction. Totally see how they could think that. But honestly I don't have a damn thing to do for fun here. its a bitch to get anyone together to play football, soccer, ANYTHING. So I say screw everyone else and head to the gym to break up the monotony of studying. come back, shower, back to studying and what not.

Today I got out of class at 11, asked my friend if he wanted to get lunch at 12. He said sure. I had to do laundry but waited to do that after lunch. Well 12:00 comes and I text him. no reply. I call a couple times 15 minutes later. A couple texts and its 1:00. wtf. I'm hungry and want to get my stuff done. I throw laundry in and get lunch to go. He texts me "sorry I was at the gym". *******. people need to be more responsible. Its not like you fcking slipped and accidently lifted for an hour and a half. Atleast tell me you are going so I can get my stuff done.

For this reason, I hate relying on people. I hate playing team sports. I have no problem working with others, but do what you are supposed to. If I can't depend on you to be reliable, then screw it I'll do it myself so get out of the way. The only thing I count on to be there for me are my toys. People suck too much.

Can you tell there's some pent up energy here? I did say rant ahahahahah. That is all, take it for what you will cbrf. Make fun of me, agree with me, give me words of wisdom, whatever it may be.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:49 PM

um my parents would have kissed my ***, to bad im taking the bike! and if they refused then hey second trip back back with a friend and a car to pick up my **** they didnt bring for me. Granted my parents are awesome and i love them to death but that woulda been a big no no for me lol.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Honda125 358
I have no problem working with others, but do what you are supposed to. If I can't depend on you to be reliable, then screw it I'll do it myself so get out of the way.
Wow, that bit I quoted sounds a lot like me right now. You definitely need to find SOMETHING to take your mind off studying, otherwise you will go crazy. I'm in my 5th year of college (double major, so it's taking me a little longer), and have found that a GOOD break (one that completely takes your mind off school) a few times a semester is needed to keep sanity. BUT, don't get carried away. You don't want to screw things up in college... Too much $$ involved.

As for your parents telling you what you can and can't do with your own toys, I don't want to say anything. I don't want to offend you or your parents. I'm sure they have good intentions with keeping your toys at home.

Find something to get your mind off school FROM TIME TO TIME, you'll do much better keeping your sanity.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:56 PM

I mean I am an obedient kid, I always have been. My dad said I was "acting up" at my aunts wedding (mom says I did nothing wrong) so he took my wrist and went outside, he claimed I touched 2 of 13 stairs hahahah. After that I never "acted up" again (this story is told to me by them, I have no recollection I was too young).

My parents are semi-old school, kids should be disciplined. I don't mean beat your kids every day for no reason, but if they continually do something after being told no, then verbal warnings obviously aren't effective. I'm glad I wasn't some ***** kid, but at this point in my life I think I should have the option to take MY bike that I payed for to school. I would be paying for MY parking permit, gas, and what not. Same thing happened to me junior year of high school. I bought a truck, and I wasn't allowed to take it. They are just dicks that way.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:03 PM

monster, I know what you are saying about good intentions. Again, I fully see how they think I'll get distracted and not do anything for school. But my dad especially has a tendency of pulling things out of his ***, and the first thing he thinks is right is the ONLY thing that could possibly ever be right.

example: He thought our one neighbor was so nice and innocent. Sure she is a wonderful lady and I love when the neighbors get together and shes there. Shes always laughing and enjoying everyone's company. She was telling a story about how something happened (her house flooded or something of that nature, I can't remember specifically) and she ended up bitching out the insurance company and getting demanding. She said "I'm not always the nicest person" or something along those lines. My dad still insisted "you aren't that kind of person"...blah blah blah telling HER what kind of person she was after only knowing her for a year or two (but didn't see her every day or even week).

And now he tries to know stuff about school. He will try to give "his" explanation of something and it always comes down to "science" (when the real answer is much more complex). He would **** his pants at some of the stuff I've learned, but I'm not going to go there with him because I can't win.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:07 PM

OH no the best one is facebook! If you have facebook you WILL GET RAPED, credit card info stolen, your house broken into, and fired from your job! Its a guarantee, no way out of it.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:07 PM

Same here, I was a good kid. Always did my chores and obeyed my parents. They never told me I couldn't do something with my own stuff though. They obeyed the "me turning 18" thing very well. As soon as I turned 18, they didn't tell me what to do or when I had to be home or anything. I think they knew that I was responsible enough to not take advantage of being 18 and keep my priorities straight. They just asked that if I wished to stay at home rent-free, I had to be in school full time and I had to help out around the house with the usual stuff. No big deal.

Why your parents are STILL giving you orders I just don't understand (but I never had that problem). You ARE a college student now, so I would think they would give you even more freedom. But maybe it is because they are paying for your college?

Old 05-03-2011, 04:09 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Ha ha do you feel better now after ranting? Professional Psychiatrists at CBRF are here to help you

I suppose I was lucky that I came to US right after high school and made living on my own from zero. I could live life the way I desired.. Meaning of the good job, being successful now are so different from 20 years ago. Although many "parent" age people think getting a "stable" job and make tons of money are the picture of success. I disagree. People who is working in the field that they love and have passion for can shine their light even that means less money. Being comfortable with being in your own skin, in your true color and make someone happy while making money, I would consider that as being successful.

I know how irritating it is to listen to your parents. If you have to do that right now, then like you said... appreciate that they care about you. You can always let them tell you something, but you have no obligation to follow what they say too. You are living your own life. You can always rant here) We all need to get the **** out sometimes.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Honda125 358
OH no the best one is facebook! If you have facebook you WILL GET RAPED, credit card info stolen, your house broken into, and fired from your job! Its a guarantee, no way out of it.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You gotta give me a warning before you drop some funny stuff like that! I almost pissed my pants!

Old 05-03-2011, 04:12 PM

lol bro sorry but it is hilarious that you are in college and mommy and daddy still have you on a leash. grow a pair and just take the bike :P

seriously this is for your well being

Quick Reply: Going crazy *rant*